January 12, 2021 - January 13, 2021
The Industry Strategy Symposium–ISS is now a Virtual Event.
Due to social distancing and travel restrictions, we're bringing the conference to you. Stay tuned, a revised agenda is coming soon.
2:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Online–Pacific Time, CA
Bridging the Gap Between the Physical & Digital Worlds
The evolution of our industry never ceases. From ubiquitous computing and seamless connectivity to hyper-mobility at the speed of 5G, the innovations enabled by the semiconductor ecosystem continue to evolve at breakneck speed. Today, driven by the ability to collect, store, and interpret massive volumes of data, AI has emerged as a powerful force that is bringing the physical and digital worlds together and dramatically changing our way of life.
Behind the scenes, but not far out of sight, semiconductor devices make up the thread that runs through every breakthrough, enabling advanced technologies to produce the insights derived from Artificial Intelligence. Data processing, sensors, machine learning, and more—every component supporting AI is based on some type of semiconductor.
Going forward, the space between the physical and digital will shrink even further, enabling us to do things we’ve never done before. Unprecedented innovations will emerge with greater frequency and immeasurable impact. Think of the impact core electronics and AI are having in the wake of COVID-19— and might have in the face of another global pandemic. Researchers and scientists are leveraging these technologies to speed the development of medical treatments, repurpose existing drugs, improve public health strategies, and re-envision the workplace and the classroom. Now, but even more so in the future, silicon will make it happen. ISS 2021 explores “How.”
ISS 2021 ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
Thank you to these industry leaders for their time and expertise supporting the continued success of this annual conference.
Steven Johnston, PhD, Director, Supplier Technology, and Industry Development, Intel
Mark Slezak, President, JSR Micro
- Joe Cestari, Vice President, Integrated Engineering Services
- Oreste Donzella, Chief Marketing Officer, and Executive Vice President, KLA
- Clark Fuhs, Director, Corporate Marketing, Lam Research
- Indradeep Ghosh, Sr. Director, Market Intelligence, Micron Technology
- Kevin Heidrich, Vice President, Marketing, and Business Development, Onto Innovation
- Amy Leong, Senior Vice President, and Chief Marketing Officer, FormFactor
- Ben Rathsack, PhD, Vice President and Deputy Manager, Tokyo Electron America
- Rich Rice, Senior Vice President, Business Development, ASE
- Lubab Sheet-Davis, Vice President, Innovation & Strategy, Office of the CTO, Lam Research
- Paul van Wijnen, Vice President, Corporate Marketing, ASML
- Nigel Wenden, CEO, Westerwood Global Ltd.
- Jeffrey Wessel, Vice President, Tosoh Quartz
- Hamid Zarringhalam, Executive Vice President, Nikon Precision
TUESDAY, JANUARY 12, 2021 | 2:00–5:25PM PDT
Session 1: Economic Trends
Get Your Game On (Trivia)
Innovation in Advanced Packaging is Coming from AI Processors
Day 1 Recap
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 13, 2021 | 2:00–5:25PM PDT
Session 2: Geopolitical
Welcome and Session Overview
Rethinking Export Controls: Unintended Consequences and the New Technological Landscape
Creating Helpful Incentives to Produce Semiconductors for America Act (CHIPS for America Act)
Role of Diversity & Inclusion in Innovation
This panel will explore the roles of diversity and inclusion to successful innovation strategies and the impact on business growth and performance. We’ll explore the role of diversity-of thought, of experience, of perspectives, of technologies and of people-to building a culture of innovation and inclusion with panelists sharing personal experiences.
Session 3: Technology
Memory and Data Economy: Time to Enable the Simultaneous Causal Relationship
EARLY BIRD—Ends December 18, 2020
- Member: $249
- Non-Member: $299
Cancellations received on or before December 11, 2020 will be fully refunded (less $30 cancellation fee). Any cancellations after this date or no-shows at the event are not eligible for a refund. No Substitutions allowed.
Director, Programs & Committees