GRENOBLE, France – October 1, 2019 –SEMI today announced Alertgy and Okmetic Oy as winners of the SEMI MEMS & Imaging Sensors Summit Technology Showcase. The Alertgy non-invasive glucose monitor was crowned the best imaging technology, and the Okmetic Oy silicon substrate manufacturing platform was the winning MEMS technology. Attendees voted for the top technology in each category among 10 finalists selected by a committee of industry experts.
“MEMS and sensors breakthroughs are delivering profound benefits, making cars safer, food healthier and air cleaner while providing numerous societal benefits through advances in healthcare," said Laith Altimime, president of SEMI Europe. "The electronics industry celebrates innovations such as those presented by Alertgy and Okmetic Oy as SEMI initiatives like the Technology Showcase help our members speed innovation through collaboration.”
The Technology Showcase honors standout applications enabled by MEMS and imaging sensors technology. SEMI recognized this year’s winners at the MEMS & Imaging Sensors Summit gala dinner at Chateau de Sassenage. The awards were presented by Altimime and Carmelo Sansone, director of the MEMS and Sensors Industry Group at SEMI.
Imaging Sensors Technology Winner
– Impedance/Dielectric Spectrum Imaging System for Non-Invasive Continuous Glucose Monitor (NICGM) for Diabetics. Alertgy combines proprietary dielectric materials and signal processing/extraction to detect unique chemical signatures related to blood glucose levels – all in a tiny, non-invasive platform suitable for integration in smart watches and other wrist-worn wearables. The technology was presented by John Hubert, VP of Engineering at Alertgy on behalf of Marc Rippen, founder and president of Alertgy.
MEMS Sensors Technology Winner
Okmetic Oy – Industrial Patterning Platform for Value-added Si Substrate Manufacturing. The Okmetic platform advances the reliability, quality and performance of silicon-based devices. The platform is designed for MEMS, sensor and photonics applications requiring buried cavities, poly-Si filled through-silicon via (TSV) connections, or patterned multi-layer SOI design. The platform was presented by Päivi Sievilä, customer support engineer at Okmetic Oy.
The award and conference, organized by SEMI, are offered each year for companies across a range of sectors from Internet of Things (IoT) and consumer electronics to robotics and biomedical equipment. Winners receive a free exhibition booth for the following year’s event.
The MEMS & Imaging Sensors Summit returns to Grenoble, France, 23-25 September 2020.
Stay in touch on Twitter @SEMIEurope: #SensorsSummit #MEMS #Imaging #SEMIEurope
- Platinum Sponsor: Beneq, STMicroelectronics
- Gold Sponsors: ASE Group, LAM Research and SUSS MicroTec Group
- Silver Sponsors: Amec, EV Group, SPTS Technologies and Ushio
- Event sponsors include: FujiFilm, Invest In Grenoble-Alps, JSR Micro N.V., Merck, OnScale, SUSS MicroTec Group and Ushio
SEMI® connects more than 2,100 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide to advance the technology and business of electronics design and manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, devices, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. Electronic System Design Alliance (ESD Alliance), FlexTech, the Fab Owners Alliance (FOA) and the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG) are SEMI Strategic Association Partners, defined communities within SEMI focused on specific technologies. Visit www.semi.org to learn more, contact one of our worldwide offices, and connect with SEMI on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Serena Brischetto/SEMI Europe