Smart Transportation is one of five SEMI “Vertical Application Platform” initiatives focused on building communities, content, and activities around critical and emerging electronics markets.
The objective of the Smart Transportation initiative is to connect the automotive electronics supply chain—including auto manufacturers, tier 1 and tier 2 automotive electronics suppliers, electronic systems designers, electronic manufacturing equipment and materials suppliers, and device manufacturers—to maximize business opportunities, share technology developments and roadmaps, and speed new automotive electronics applications to the marketplace.
In short, SEMI’s Smart Transportation initiative is designed to
- Connect the automotive electronics supply chain, from concept to consumer
- Collect and disseminate regional and global market information
- Identify common objectives, challenges, and opportunities and create action-oriented communities for open dialogue and transparent collaboration around roadmaps, standards, regulatory developments, and public policy advocacy
Why Smart Transportation and SEMI?
The automotive sector represents the fastest-growing market for new electronic systems and devices, encompassing opportunities including autonomous vehicles, artificial intelligence, electrification, communications, safety, cybersecurity, infotainment, and more. Automotive today already consumes more than 10% of all semiconductor devices produced globally, and that number is growing steadily.
SEMI is uniquely positioned to serve the automotive electronics market as an established, global organization with a long history of bringing electronics manufacturing industries together to collaborate and innovate solutions and actions addressing shared business and technology challenges. SEMI members are already contributing to the development and advancement of automotive electronic systems, including semiconductors, MEMS, sensors, imaging systems, and displays.
SEMI Smart Transportation Programs
- Smart Transportation Global Automotive Advisory Council (GAAC)
SEMI is establishing regional chapters to form a Global Automotive Advisory Council (GAAC) to engage the entire automotive electronics supply chain. Participating companies include auto manufacturers (OEMs), Tier 1 and Tier 2 electronics suppliers, device makers, electronics manufacturing equipment and materials suppliers, and other related organizations. These open platforms for connection and collaboration allow stakeholders along the supply chain to build partnerships, address common challenges, harmonize and align regional and global priorities, share information, and grow new business opportunities.
- Smart Transportation events
Inclusive of exhibit pavilions at SEMI expositions, conferences, seminars, webinars, and meet-ups, SEMI is building a robust calendar of Smart Transportation events where companies and individuals can connect with automotive thought leadership, present and demonstrate technologies and solutions, and engage peers and prospects across the global automotive electronics supply chain in every region of the world.
Who can participate?
Anyone with a business or technology interest in smart automotive electronics applications is invited to participate, including:
- Auto manufacturers
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 automotive electronics and systems suppliers
- Device manufacturers: semiconductors, MEMS, sensors, imaging systems, displays, etc.
- Electronics manufacturing equipment, materials, and services suppliers
- Government agencies and policymakers
Benefits of participating
- Connect and Collaborate with companies and individuals across the global automotive and automotive electronics supply chain
- Learn and gain knowledge of developing technologies and applications, technology roadmaps, critical issues, and more
- Demonstrate and present your technologies, solutions, and business strategies at SEMI conferences, seminars, and meet-ups
- Meet and network with peers and experts from around the global automotive and automotive electronics industries
Global Automotive Advisory Council (GAAC)
SEMI GAAC Europe Chapter Members
- Cadence Design Systems
- IHS Markit
- Mentor Graphics, a Siemens Business
- NXP Semiconductor
SEMI GAAC Americas Chapter Members
- Amkor Technology
- Analog Devices
- Applied Materials
- Cadence Design Systems
- FABU Technology Co. Ltd
- Ford Motor Company
- NXP Semiconductor
- ON Semiconductor
- SK Hynix
- UPI Semiconductor Inc.
- Velodyne LiDAR
Get Involved—Join the SEMI Smart Transportation initiative!
Contact: Ms. Bettina Weiss, Chief of Staff, SEMI, at firstname.lastname@example.org