SECOND Call for Abstracts — Deadline Extended to November 1, 2019!
SEMI and IEEE invite authors to submit a technical abstract to ASMC 2020. ASMC is the leading international technical conference for exploring solutions to improve collective microelectronics manufacturing expertise. Solving the challenges presented by semiconductor manufacturing is an ongoing collaborative effort by customers, device makers, equipment and materials suppliers, and academia. The conference provides an unparalleled platform for semiconductor professionals to network and learn the latest information in the practical application of advanced manufacturing strategies and methodologies. Please use the ASMC template provided to ensure that your submission meets the requirements.
ASMC is now soliciting abstracts from professionals involved in all areas of semiconductor manufacturing. Authors of selected papers have an opportunity to present their work at the conference. They also may receive an invitation to publish their paper in a special section of ASMC 2020, featured in IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing. The Special Section on the 2018 SEMI Advanced Semiconductor Manufacturing Conference will be appearing in the November 2019 issue of IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing. ASMC, in partnership with the IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, annually prepares a special section recognizing some of the best papers from the conference. Select authors are invited to submit papers that are extended and enhanced versions of their conference papers. This allows them to highlight additional progress they have made since the conference. This special section contains seven papers. The lead authors are Christopher Lang of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Shanti Pancharatnam of IBM Research, David Rhodes of Transphorm Inc., Fauzia Khatkhatay of GLOBALFOUNDRIES, Victor Chan of IBM Research, Sung-Ju Sang of Sungkyunkwan University and Harald Heinrich of Infineon Technologies. Congratulations to the authors!
- ASMC 2020 ENTEGRIS Best Paper Award
All papers presented at ASMC will be considered for the ASMC 2020 Entegris Best Paper Award. The ASMC 2019 Best Paper is awarded to:
Using High-Speed Video Analysis for Defect Investigation and Process Improvement Adam Chalupa, Eric Ritschdorff, PhD, Samsung Austin Semiconductor
- ASMC 2020 GLOBALFOUNDRIES Best Student Paper
Papers authored and presented by a student or student/professor are eligible for the 2020 ASMC Outstanding Student Paper competition, sponsored by GLOBALFOUNDRIES. Please indicate in the abstract if the paper will be authored by a student. The ASMC 2019 Best Student Paper is awarded to: Simultaneous Denoising and Edge Estimation from SEM Images Using Deep Convolutional Neural Networks Narendra Chaudhary, Serap A. Savari, Texas A&M University
- Abstracts Due: November 1, 2019 EXTENDED for Second Call!
- Author Notification: December 15, 2019
- Manuscripts Due: February 3, 2020
- Final Manuscripts Due: April 1, 2020
- Presentations Due: April 24, 2020
- Conference Dates: May 4-7, 2020
Original, non-commercial, non-published works are being solicited in specific categories. Peer-reviewed papers are selected based on a clear outline of the problem, analysis, solution/results, and conclusions. Papers co-authored between customers, device manufacturers, equipment or materials suppliers, and/or academic institutions (including students) that demonstrate innovative, practical solutions for advancing semiconductor manufacturing are highly encouraged. Authors should:
- Provide an extended abstract of no more than two pages (including text, data, and supporting figures and/or tables) in MS Word or PDF format. Figures and tables may be embedded in the text or added as a second page, following text.
- Use the abstract template to summarize the topic and theme in as much detail as allowed by the two (2) page limit. Include title, author(s), company affiliation(s), primary contact information, topic, and references.
- The final paper, using the ASMC abstract template must show a complete set of data to support the initial abstract.
Peer-reviewed papers are selected based on a clear outline of the problem, analysis, solution/results, and conclusions. Authors who prefer to present in the poster session must indicate this request on their abstract.
Contact Margaret Kindling at email@example.com