SEMI Technology Think Tank Summit and Electro-Innovation Forum debut. Top research institute experts and tech leaders to help lay foundation for future of innovation and microelectronics.
TAIPEI, Taiwan ─ August 13, 2019 ─ Spanning the entire semiconductor and microelectronics supply chain – from design through systems – SEMICON Taiwan 2019 will gather the world’s top technologists, visionaries and innovators for insights into the latest trends and opportunities across smart vertical markets including manufacturing, automotive, healthcare and data. September 18-20 at Nangang Exhibition Center, Hall I, in Taipei, SEMICON Taiwan 2019 will mark the debut of the SEMI Electro-innovation Forum and Technology Think Tank Summit. Registration for SEMICON Taiwan is open.
- Electro-innovation Forum – Experts from five of the world’s top research institutes and R&D centers will examine innovation drivers and trends and prospects for the microelectronics industry. Participants will include imec, CEA-Leti, Fraunhofer, the National Research Foundation (NRF), the Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI) and TSMC.
- Technology Think Tank Summit – Co-organized with the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA), the summit will feature industry leaders in SiP, IC design, memory, wafer fabrication, packaging and testing exploring the future of the industry. Participants include CEOs from Quanta Computer, Hon Hai Technology Group, TSMC, ASE, Etron Technology, Powerchip Semiconductor and Macronix International.
International Forums for Insights on Industry Trends
The two events are among 21 international forums on industry trends and the latest technologies at SEMICON Taiwan 2019 featuring renowned speakers from diverse disciplines. Themed Leading the SMART Future, SEMICON Taiwan will spotlight Artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), 5G, machine learning, quantum computing and other cutting-edge technologies that are transforming the microelectronics industry and giving rise to a growing universe of smart applications. AI alone spans energy, agriculture, manufacturing, logistics, healthcare, construction, transportation and nearly every other industry – a defining role that promises to fast track the fourth Industrial Revolution.
The following SEMICON Taiwan forums, summits and pavilions will offer the latest industry perspectives on key vertical markets and the talent vital to industry growth.
- Smart Transportation Forum – Covers issues including 5G and AI for Future Mobility, Mapping for Autonomous Driving, and Next-Generation Communications in the Self-Driving Era
- Smart Data Global Summit – Latest electronics system design technologies
- Smart MedTech Forum – Explores the future of smart medical technology and business opportunities
- Smart Manufacturing Show – Showcases complete smart manufacturing solutions for a wide range of high-technology industries such as semiconductor, touch panel, flat-panel display and PCB
- Smart Workforce Pavilion – Semiconductor industry insights, lectures, career coaching and job matching
One of the world’s largest and most influential high-technology events, SEMICON Taiwan will feature:
- 21 theme areas and national pavilions
- More than 200 speakers across 21 international forums
- 700 exhibitors from around the world
- More than 2,200 booths
SEMICON Taiwan 2019 showcases the full suite of SEMI offerings spanning the full electronics supply chain to support industry growth including:
- Vertical Application Platforms: Smart Manufacturing, Smart Transportation, Smart Medical, Smart Data and IoT
- Workforce Development, Industry Standards, Think Tanks and Thought Leadership Platforms
- Strategic Association Partners such as R&D and innovation leaders imec, CEA-Leti and Fraunhofer as well as MEMS & Sensors Industry Group and Electronic System Design Alliance
SEMICON Taiwan is expected to draw an event record 50,000 visitors as Taiwan remains atop the world in semiconductor equipment spending at US$11.4 billion and a 21.1 percent CAGR on the strength of the region’s advanced manufacturing capabilities. A global hub of wafer production and IC packaging, Taiwan claims the top spot in semiconductor equipment spending for the ninth consecutive year.
With the semiconductor industry working to extend silicon scaling beyond Moore’s Law, SEMICON Taiwan will also gather industry experts to explore heterogeneous integration opportunities and challenges across three events:
- SiP Global Summit – Heterogeneous Integration NOW & FUTURE
- Strategic Materials Conference Taiwan – Materials Leading the Smart Future of Semiconductors: Device Performance
- Advanced Testing Forum New! – 5G and AI-assisted Testing
For more information, please visit the SEMICON Taiwan 2019 website or follow us on Facebook.
SEMI® connects more than 2,100 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide to advance the technology and business of electronics design and manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, devices, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. Electronic System Design Alliance (ESD Alliance), FlexTech, the Fab Owners Alliance (FOA) and the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG) are SEMI Strategic Association Partners, defined communities within SEMI focused on specific technologies. Visit www.semi.org to learn more, contact one of our worldwide offices, and connect with SEMI on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Tel: +886.3.560.1777 ext.205
Tel: +886.3.560.1777 ext. 288