TOKYO – December 10, 2019 – SEMICON Japan 2019, the largest and most influential gathering of the electronics manufacturing supply chain in Japan with nearly 55,000 attendees expected, opens tomorrow at Tokyo Big Sight to focus on growth opportunities in smart transportation and smart manufacturing and the critical importance of business continuity planning (BCP). Industry leaders and visionaries from across the electronics supply chain will gather December 11-13 at SEMICON Japan 2019 – themed Enabling a Smarter World – for insights into the latest technologies, innovations and trends in the electronics industry.
SMART Applications Zone
With their promise of greater manufacturing efficiency and social good, smart technologies are driving strong demand for semiconductors and related electronics, setting the stage for the SMART Applications Zone at SEMICON Japan 2019. The zone showcases advanced technologies and products in SMART Transportation and SMART Manufacturing while providing collaboration opportunities across the entire electronics supply chain. Key exhibitors include:
- SMART Transportation
- Toyota, DENSO, Zuken, Tier IV, Renesas Electronics, Livox Tech, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu and Solidray
- SMART Manufacturing
- Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, Siemens, Sony Semiconductor Solutions, Chuo Denshi Kogyo (CDK) and United Semiconductor Japan (USJC)
Business Continuity Planning
Business Continuity Planning (BCP) has seen strong demand as companies in the semiconductor manufacturing supply chain work to deepen their cooperation with one another to sustain operations in the event of natural disasters and other emergencies. SEMICON Japan 2019 features an exhibition and seminar highlighting the importance of BCP to the electronics supply chain. Visitors will learn about earthquake countermeasures by stepping into the Seismic Isolation Experience Car.
Exhibitors in the BCP area include THK, DISCO, HORIBA STEC and Murata Machinery.
Representatives from Sony Semiconductor Manufacturing, THK, DISCO and Team Engineering Consulting will share lessons learned from disasters and discuss the vital importance of daily preparation.
The SEMICON Japan 2019 SuperTHEATER features seven sessions over three days:
- Opening keynotes – Creating the Next Era featuring Makiko Eda, Chief Representative Officer at World Economic Forum, and Yuzuru Utsumi, President at Arm
- Semiconductor Executive Forum – Executive Viewpoints from Top Two in the Era of Digitalization with thought leaders from IHS Markit and Sony Semiconductor Solutions
- SMART Connectivity Forum – Infinite World Brought by 5G Innovation with experts from Softbank and Nokia Solutions & Networks
- SMART Transportation Forum I – Front-line of Automated Driving (Part1) featuring speakers from Intel and DENSO
- SMART Transportation Forum II – Revolution of Sky Transportation, supported by the U.S. Commercial Service in Japan, with presenters from Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), Subaru and Bell Helicopter
- Manufacturing Innovation Summit – Issues and Innovation: What will Drive Growth to 2030 featuring thought leaders from VLSI Research, Applied Materials, KLA, Nikon and Tokyo Electron
- Mirai Vision Forum – Future Relation of Technology and Body 2.0 with speakers from Leave a Nest, Ory Lab and Autonomous Control Systems Laboratory
SEMI® connects more than 2,100 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide to advance the technology and business of electronics design and manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, devices, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. Electronic System Design Alliance (ESD Alliance), FlexTech, the Fab Owners Alliance (FOA) and the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG) are SEMI Strategic Association Partners, defined communities within SEMI focused on specific technologies. Visit www.semi.org to learn more, contact one of our worldwide offices, and connect with SEMI on LinkedIn and Twitter.