SEMICON West 2019 Opens with Smart Technologies, Workforce Development, Industry Opportunities in Spotlight
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. — July 9, 2019 — Smart technologies take center stage today as SEMICON West, the flagship U.S. event for connecting the electronics manufacturing and design supply chain, opens for three days of insights into leading technologies and applications that will power future industry expansion. July 9-11, 2019, at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, SEMICON West 2019 spotlights how cognitive learning technologies and other disruptors will transform industries and lives. Register online and on site.
Themed BEYOND SMART and presented by SEMI, SEMICON West 2019 features top technologists and industry leaders highlighting cutting-edge technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT) and quantum computing and trends in Smart Transportation, Smart Manufacturing, Smart Medtech, Smart Data and workforce development.
Eight keynotes and more than 250 subject matter experts will offer insights into critical opportunities and issues across the global microelectronics supply chain. The event also features Smart Pavilions to showcase interactive technologies for immersive, virtual experiences.
SEMICON West 2019 opening day features keynotes and executive panels at the nearby Blue Shield of California Theater in the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts.
SEMICON West 2019 highlights include:
- Legendary inventor Dean Kamen, called “the next Thomas Edison” by Forbes magazine, joins top executives from Advanced Micro Devices, Applied Materials, IBM, Synopsis and W20 Group on opening day to present at the AI Design Forum: The Future of Computing – from Materials to Systems.
- The Quantum Advantage in advancing applications for sensing and communications comes into sharp focus as IBM showcases its IBM Q quantum computer model on the SEMICON West show floor. IBM Q is the industry’s first initiative to build universal quantum computers for business and science. Industries expected to benefit soon from quantum computing include automotive, medical, financial and energy. The exhibit features demonstrations of the IBM Q Experience quantum cloud services platform and Qiskit, an open source quantum software framework.
- The Quantum Economic Development Consortium (QED-C), established in late 2018 by companies including Boeing and IBM and the U.S Department of Commerce’s National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), presents a progress update.
- Theme pavilions provide insights into the latest developments and trends in Smart Design, Smart Manufacturing, Smart Medtech, Smart Workforce, and Smart Transportation including leading-edge electric cars.
- The 2019 SEMI Americas Award recognizes technology developments with a major impact on the semiconductor industry and the world.
- The 2019 Best of West Award celebrates innovative new products or services that are significantly advancing the electronics manufacturing supply chain or a manufacturing capability.
Visit the SEMICON West 2019 website for the complete list of keynotes and executive panels and the full agenda of speakers and panel discussions. ES Design West, presented by SEMI Strategic Association Partner Electronic System Design Alliance, is co-located with SEMICON West 2019.
Platinum Sponsors for SEMICON West are Applied Materials, KLA, Lam Research and TEL. Other top sponsors include AEM Singapore, ASE, Burr & Forman LLP, Edwards, eSilicon Corporation, SAP and Silvaco.
SEMICON West is the culmination of eight progressive conferences that comprise SEMI’s inaugural Technology Leadership Series of the Americas. More information is available on the SEMICON West 2019 website.
Follow SEMICON West and the AI Design Forum on Twitter: @SEMIconex, #SEMICONWest, #AIDesignForum
SEMI® connects more than 2,100 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide to advance the technology and business of electronics design and manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, devices, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. Electronic System Design Alliance (ESD Alliance), FlexTech, the Fab Owners Alliance (FOA) and the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG) are SEMI Strategic Association Partners, defined communities within SEMI focused on specific technologies. Visit www.semi.org to learn more, contact one of our worldwide offices, and connect with SEMI on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Scott Stevens, Cardinal Communications for SEMI Americas