MILPITAS, Calif. – August 31, 2020 – Staged for the first time in virtual format, MEMS and Sensors Executive Conference (MSEC 2020) will gather industry visionaries and experts October 6-15 for the latest trends and innovations in sensorization for growth markets including medical, entertainment, augmented and virtual reality, the environment, food production, smart cities, ultrasonics and wearables.
Themed The Next Wave of Sensorization: Solving our Shared Challenges, the event will focus on solving technology challenges in vital areas such as health and safety while fueling the experience economy with advances in virtual and augmented reality. Components, software, and systems critical to MEMS and sensors innovations will come into sharp focus at the conference. Registration is open.
Michael Tschanz, Director, Engineering Technology and Analysis
Disney’s extensive use of sensors including for rides, animatronics and sensorization of the world’s largest micro transportation system
Jens Fabrowsky, executive vice president, Automotive Electronics
MEMS market opportunities and technology challenges over the next 10 years
Dale Zimmerman, director for Photonics Devices
MEMS-enabled display for Hololens augmented reality, including applications and market progress
MSEC 2020 will also feature sessions on key industry topics including the following:
- MedTech Considerations for Resolving the Trouble with Innovative Sensing Applications – Ian Chen, executive director for Medical New Business Development, Maxim Integrated,
- Opportunities in Biotech and Related Markets Due to COVID-19 –Ross Bundy, co-founder, Cardea
- MEMS Tug-of-war: COVID-19 vs Emerging Trends – Dimitrios Damianos, technology and market analyst for Imaging and MEMS, Yole Développement,
- A Wearable Social Distancing Solution Based on Ultrasonic Time-of-Flight Sensors – David Horsley, co-founder, TDK-Chirp Microsystems,
- tinyML: Massive Opportunity When Machine Intelligence Meets the Real World of Billions of Sensors – Evgeni Gousev, senior director, Qualcomm AI Research
- AI for Ultrasound Medical Imaging – Janusz Bryzek, executive chairman and CTO, eXo Systems,
- Future Mobility Enabled by Sensorization – Andreas Breitner, Partner, McKinsey & Company
- Platinum Sponsor: EV Group, SPTS Technologies, a KLA Company
- Gold Sponsors: Applied Materials, Infineon, LAM Research, Okmetic, TEL
Event sponsors include Microtech Ventures.
SEMI® connects more than 2,400 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide to advance the technology and business of electronics design and manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, devices, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. Electronic System Design Alliance (ESD Alliance), FlexTech, the Fab Owners Alliance (FOA) and the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG) are SEMI Strategic Technology Communities, defined communities within SEMI focused on specific technologies. Visit www.semi.org to learn more, contact one of our worldwide offices, and connect with SEMI on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Scott Stevens, Cardinal Communications for SEMI Americas