Engage in the SEMI Smart Transportation Vertical Application Platform
The Smart Transportation vertical application platform is designed to engage with OEMs, Tier 1s, device makers, design houses, and equipment and materials companies as well as R&D institutes in SEMI’s Global Automotive Advisory Council (GAAC) to connect, collaborate and innovate along the global automotive electronics supply chain.
Why SEMI SMART TRANSPORTATION?
The automotive sector represents the fastest-growing market for new electronic systems and devices, encompassing opportunities including autonomous vehicles, artificial intelligence, electrification, connectivity, communications, safety, cybersecurity, infotainment, and more.
SEMI is uniquely positioned to serve the automotive electronics market with it's long history of connecting the electronics manufacturing ecosystem to collaborate and innovate together and address shared business and technology challenges. SEMI members are already making significant contributions to this development through the advancement of automotive electronic systems, including semiconductors, design, MEMS, sensors, imaging systems, and displays.
SEMI GLOBAL AUTOMOTIVE ADVISORY COUNCIL (GAAC)
The SEMI Global Automotive Advisory Council (GAAC) was created in January 2018 to engage the entire automotive electronics supply chain. The GAAC is a global council with regional chapters in Europe, the Americas, Japan and Taiwan where stakeholders along the supply chain build partnerships, address common challenges through collaborative solutions, harmonize and align regional and global priorities, share information, and identify new business opportunities together.
SEMI SMART TRANSPORTATION Programs: Who should Participate?
Anyone with a business or technology interest in smart automotive electronics applications is invited to participate, including:
• Automotive OEMs
• Tier 1 and Tier 2 automotive electronics and systems suppliers
• Device manufacturers: semiconductors, MEMS, sensors, imaging systems, displays, etc.
• Semiconductor design houses
• Electronics manufacturing equipment, materials, and services suppliers
• Government agencies and policy experts
• R&D and Innovation institutes
Automotive Electronics Ecosystem
SEMI Smart Transportation Objectives:
- Connect and synchronize the automotive electronics and semiconductor manufacturing supply chain, from concept to consumer
- Identify common objectives, challenges, and opportunities for advancing automotive electronics
- Collectively harmonize and align automotive requirements towards the autonomous car of the future
- Create action-oriented communities for open dialogue and transparent collaboration around roadmaps, standards, regulatory developments, and public policy advocacy
Benefits of Participating
• Connect and collaborate with companies and individuals across the global automotive and automotive electronics supply chain
• Learn about developing technologies and applications, technology roadmaps, critical issues, and more
• Demonstrate and present your technologies, solutions, and business strategies at SEMI conferences, seminars, and meet-ups
• Meet and network with peers and experts from around the global automotive and automotive electronics industries
Learn more about Smart Transportation
For more information about the SEMI Smart Transportation initiatives, contact Bettina Weiss, Chief of Staff, SEMI, at firstname.lastname@example.org