Principal Analysts:Clark Tseng, Director of Industry Research & Statistics of SEMI and E. Jan Vardaman of TechSearch Inc.
Format:Microsoft® Excel® file (.xls)
This database is a comprehensive data file tracking over 360 back-end facilities that provide outsourced semiconductor assembly and testing manufacturing services. This database offers access to and insights into global OSAT facilities in China, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Southeast Asia, Europe, and the Americas. The report also highlights packaging technology offerings by manufacturing location. Details include:
- Plant Site technology capability: Tape and Reel, Test
- Packaging assembly service offered: BGA, specific leadframe type such as QFP, QFN, SO, flip-chip bumping, WLP, Modules/SIP, etc.
Tracking advances in packaging technology, which directly affects chip performance, reliability, and cost, requires the understanding of company offerings by location. Key features of the updated report include:
- 2019 edition includes over 30 new facility additions compared to 2018 report
- The world's Top 20 OSAT companies in 2017 and 2018
- More than 120 companies and up to 360 facilities
- Over 200 facilities with Test capabilities
- Over 90 facilities offering leadframe CSP
- Over 50 bumping facilities, including over 30 with 300mm wafer bumping capacity
- More than 50 facilities offering WLCSP technology
- New facilities offering FOWLP and FOPLP
- Over 100 facilities in China, around 100 in Taiwan, and 43 in Southeast Asia
The source of information for this study is based on both primary and secondary research. The primary research includes in-person interviews and surveys with industry contacts from over 100 OSAT facilities worldwide.