What is SEMI WORKS
SEMI Works is a comprehensive approach to developing the talent pipeline for the semiconductor industry by connecting industry, talent and education. We connect the workforce needs with the education system to ensure skilled workers for the electronics manufacturing industry.
About SEMI Works
How does SEMI Works Work?
The SEMI Works infrastructure encompasses SEMI programs which develop and maintain the talent pipeline
- Connect industry with education
- Connect talent with careers
- Identify gaps in needed skills
- Match talent to applicable training providers
- Skills assessments for apprenticeships
- Match job seekers with applicable opportunities
- Provide on-the-job- training with a certified apprenticeship program
Program Status Update
SEMI Works continues to evolve.
1. We are developing automated evaluation process for skills assessment and matching
2. We are aligning activities with current government programs and processes, and developing pilots in several regions:
- Albany New York’s Tech Valley
- Greater Research Triangle (VA/NC)
- Portland, Oregon
3. We are planning for future pilots based on member and regional needs
4. We have announced the Industry Approved Apprenticeship Program
Why SEMI is Involved
SEMI recognizes that the industry needs access to retaining and training required talent, an Increasing challenge and top priority for our members. SEMI Works is a comprehensive method of aligning education and training with the industry talent pipeline needs.
Benefits of SEMI Works
- Greater alignment between courses and industry requirements
- A scalable process to ensure alignment between training/educational provider and industry.
- The ability to match courses to those seeking training, stable careers, and upward mobility
- Careers for the 21 first century and beyond
- A higher skilled workforce for a foundational and critical important industry.
Products & Services
Vice President - Industry Advancement & Government Programs
Program Manager, Grants & Talent Development
Senior Administrator of Government Programs
Director of Government Grants and Workforce Programs