BUILDING A DIGITAL FUTURE
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Great Hall, Swansea University Bay Campus
The SEMI Talent Forum will be on March 6th for university students to learn about the industry and how technology is impacting the global workforce. Participants will have the opportunity to take part in mentoring sessions and meet with representatives from leading companies.
The forum is a great opportunity for companies to promote diversity and inclusion initiatives, and address the growing challenge of onboarding talent within the semiconductor industry. Students and ongoing talent are invited to join and learn about the industry enabling a digital future.
Join us in Swansea to explore these issues, and support SEMI’s global efforts to raise awareness and increase interest in the semiconductor industry.
· Technology · Global Challenges· Artificial Intelligence · IoT · 5G · Compound Semiconductor · Sustainability· Diversity & Inclusion · Digital Age
THE BIGGEST ADVENTURES BEGIN WITH THE SMALLEST THINGS
That’s right, semiconductors (aka microchips) are responsible for virtually all the modern technology we’ve come to rely on. But advanced medicine and artificial intelligence are just the beginning—these small but powerful chips are shaping our future in every way. You’re welcome.
Are you studying Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Chemistry or Physics?
Watch the video to find out how your expertise may impact the world.
Keynote Opening by SEMI, Swansea University, Welsh Government
Technologies Addressing Global Challenges
Microelectronics Enabling AI, IoT and 5G
Technology Highlights from the CS Connected Cluster
Leading in the Digital Age: Technology, Diversity and Inclusion
Networking & Activities
Technology Demo Zone
Student Poster Exhibition
Professional Headshot Studio
SEMI Mentoring Program
University students, Postgraduate students
Anyone with a passion for technology and sustainability, with a background in science, mathematics, chemistry, physics, electrical, environmental or computer engineering, but also in business administration, human resources and communications.
The Forum is a great opportunity for companies to promote diversity and inclusion initiatives, and address the growing challenge of onboarding talents within the semiconductor industry. Stand out as an industry leader and support SEMI’s global efforts to raise awareness and increase interest in the semiconductor industry.
> An inclusive forum for brilliant minds to explore future technologies
> Connecting with global leading companies and career opportunities
> Networking with experts from the microelectronics industry
> Interactive experience with next-generation technologies
SEMI Mentoring Program connects students and developing professionals to industry mentors who can help them overcome challenges, develop as leaders, and explore career opportunities.
Sign up for the FREE mentoring program before the event!
How it Works
- The SEMI Mentoring Program is open to university/college juniors and seniors enrolled in industry-related curriculum and employees of SEMI member companies.
- Pairs are matched through program algorithm and approved by a human administrator.
- After establishing goals together, mentors and mentees will meet for one hour a month, typically by phone, video call or email.
- There is a six-month minimum commitment; however, a 12-month duration is highly recommended.
Why Become a Mentor?
- DEVELOP feedback and critical thinking skills
- GROW your network within the organization
- ADVANCE your leadership skills
- GAIN better understanding of the organization
Why Become a Mentee?
- GROW professional networks
- LEARN to navigate workplace challenges
- DEVELOP your leadership skills
- EXPLORE opportunities and build your career path
The Great Hall, Swansea University Bay Campus
BECOME A SPONSOR
Stand Out as an Industry Leader through Sponsorship!
The forum is a great opportunity to promote your company’s diversity and inclusion initiatives, and address the growing challenge of onboarding talent within the semiconductor industry.
Join us in Swansea to explore these issues, and support SEMI’s global efforts to raise awareness and increase interest in the semiconductor industry. Check out the sponsorship opportunities here and contact us to become a sponsor!
Cassandra Melvin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Journalists requesting media credentials must pre-register.
Serena Brischetto, Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications
Please bring your valid press ID card onsite to receive the press badge.
Accredited press representatives have access to all public conferences and proceedings.