SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. — July 10, 2018 — SEMI today announced the re-election of 10 current members to the SEMI International Board of Directors in accordance with the association's by-laws.
The 10 board members were re-elected for two-year terms:
- Martin Anstice, CEO, Lam Research Corporation
- Kevin Crofton, president, SPTS Technologies, and corp. V.P., Orbotech
- Jon D. Kemp, vice president, DuPont
- Mitsunobu Koshiba, president and representative director, JSR Corporation
- Yong Han Lee, chairman, Wonik
- Sue Lin, vice chairman, Hermes Epitek
- Tadahiro Suhara, president, SCREEN Semiconductor Solutions Co., Ltd.
- Tetsuo Tsuneishi, executive chairman of the board and representative director, TEL
- Tien Wu, management director and chief operating officer, ASE Group
- Guoming Zhang, senior V.P. and chief strategy officer, NAURA Technology Group Co., Ltd.
The SEMI Executive Committee confirmed Tetsuo Tsuneishi, chairman of the board of TEL, as chairman of the SEMI Executive Committee. SEMI also confirmed Bertrand Loy, president and CEO of Entegris, as vice-chairman.
The leadership appointments and the elected board members’ tenure become effective at the annual SEMI membership meeting on July 11, during SEMICON West 2018 in San Francisco, California.
“The SEMI Board of Directors is comprised of global business leaders who represent SEMI members and the industry, ensuring that SEMI develops and delivers member value in all regions,” said SEMI president and CEO Ajit Manocha. “We congratulate the re-elected members and greatly appreciate all of our board members’ contributions to the industry.”
SEMI’s 19 voting directors and 11 emeritus directors represent companies from Europe, China, Japan, Korea, North America, and Taiwan, reflecting the global scope of the association’s activities. SEMI directors are elected by the general membership as voting members of the board and can serve a total of five two-year terms.
SEMI® connects over 2,000 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide to advance the technology and business of electronics manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, devices, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. FlexTech, the Fab Owners Alliance (FOA) and the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG) are SEMI Strategic Association Partners, defined communities within SEMI focused on specific technologies. Since 1970, SEMI has built connections that have helped its members prosper, create new markets, and address common industry challenges together. SEMI maintains offices in Bangalore, Berlin, Brussels, Grenoble, Hsinchu, Seoul, Shanghai, Silicon Valley (Milpitas, Calif.), Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.semi.org and follow SEMI on LinkedIn and Twitter.