Japan Update: SEMI Standards Technical Education Program (STEP) on 450 mm Wafer at SEMICON Japan 2011
By Hiro’fumi Kanno, SEMI Japan
A SEMI Standards Technical Education Program (STEP) on 450 mm wafers was held on December 9 in Makuhari, in conjunction with SEMICON Japan 2011. This program aimed to give clear and detailed explanations about published 450 mm Standards. This also introduced the latest developments in 450 mm activities, including standardization of physical interfaces and other interoperability-related specifications for the 450 mm (vacuum) process modules and transfer modules of cluster tools, and standardization of cassettes for the tape frames, load port for the tape frame cassettes for the 450 mm packaging process. It drew more than 80 participants.
- 450 mm Transition: Consortium Status, Strategy, and Plans/ SEMATECH
- 450 mm Wafer Specifications (SEMI M1, M74 and M76)/ Intel
- 450 mm FOUP (SEMI E158), MAC (SEMI E159) and FOSB (SEMI M80)/ Miraial
- 450 mm FOUP/ FOSB Load Port (SEMI E154/ E162)/ TDK
- 450 mm Platform (Process Module Physical Interface)/ Tokyo Electron
- 450 mm Packaging Process (SEMI G88)/ DISCO
Latest Published 450mm Standards:
All of the published standards in this article are available in SEMIViews. Individual standards can be purchased from the SEMI Web store using the links below.
- SEMI M1-1111, Specifications for Polished Single Crystal Silicon Wafers
- SEMI M74-1108, Specification for 450 mm Diameter Mechanical Handling Polished Wafer
- SEMI M76-0710, Specification for Developmental 450 mm Diameter Polished Single Crystal Wafer
- SEMI M80-1111, Specification for Front-Opening Shipping Box (FOSB) Used to Transport and Ship 450 mm Wafers
- SEMI E154-1110, Mechanical Interface for 450 mm Load Port
- SEMI E156-0710, Mechanical Specification for 450 mm AMHS Stocker to Transport Interface
- SEMI E158-0212, Mechanical Specification for Fab Wafer Carrier Used to Transport and Store 450 mm Wafers (FOUP) and Kinematic Coupling
- SEMI E159-0611, Mechanical Specification for Multi-Application Carrier (MAC) Used to Transport and Ship 450 mm Wafers
- SEMI E162-1111, Mechanical Interface Specification for 450 mm Front-Opening Shipping Box (FOSB) Load Port
- SEMI G88-0211, Specification for Tape Frame for 450 mm Wafer
- SEMI (TBA), Specification for Tape Frame Cassette for 450 mm Wafer*
*The designation number of this Standard is to be announced. The Standard will be published soon.
For more information on the STEP on 450mm wafer, contact Hiro’fumi Kanno (SEMI Japan) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEMI Standards Watch, March 2012