Why the Industry Attends SEMICON West
By Dave Anderson, president, SEMI Americas
From the industry’s very beginning, North America was the focal point for semiconductor manufacturing. After all, Moore’s Law started here. The region is home to device manufacturers such as Intel, Texas Instruments, Micron, GLOBALFOUNDRIES, NXP, Avago, Qorvo, Microchip, ON Semiconductor, and leading fabless companies such as Qualcomm, Broadcom, NVIDIA, AMD, Apple, Marvell, and Xilinx. Today, North America continues to make breakthroughs in manufacturing and innovation, defining the frontiers of “Smart.”
According to the latest World Fab Forecast, the Americas region is projected to spend $5.2 billion on fab equipment in 2017—19 percent more than last year. With a vibrant North American fab equipment market, Silicon Valley is the driving force behind the latest Smart applications, with new Smart Auto, Manufacturing, MedTech devices coming online almost daily. SEMICON West is the place that brings everything Smart—materials, equipment, IC and electronics manufacturing—all together in one place, at one time for productive collaboration and networking.
Staying on top of the latest developments to keep up with colleagues and competition is more critical than ever before. SEMICON West 2017 (July 11-13; San Francisco, Calif.) has created new Smart application experiences and networking venues to put attendees face-to-face with the thought leaders shaping our future.
The new Programs Catalog will help you discover all that SEMICON West has to offer this year: Keynotes and Executive Panels, Industry Outlook, Test 2020, Advanced Packaging, Materials, IoT, 5G, Advanced Manufacturing, MEMS and Sensors, and more and Moore. New and updated programs at SEMICON West this year include:
- SMART Focus:
- Get SMART: SEMI/Gartner, Bulls & Bears Industry Outlook
- Smart Automotive: "Advancing the Speed & Agility of Connected Vehicles" and "The Future of Smart & Connected Self-Driving Cars"
- Smart Manufacturing: "Collaboration towards Enabling Practical Analytics and Traceability across the Electronics Supply Chain"
- Smart MedTech: "Exploring Electronics Requirements & Solutions for Medical Technology"
- China Strategic Innovation & Investment Forum
- Executive Panel: Challenges along the Microelectronics Supply Chain
- World of IoT: Understanding Risks and Opportunities in Transformative Technologies
- IEEE Training Workshops: Intro and Intermediate Embedded Systems/IoT Development
- MicroE Career Development & Recruitment Forum
- Summerfest at AT&T Park
Attendees can now tailor the SEMICON West experience to meet their specific interests. The All-In Pass covers every program and event the three-day Expo offers, while Thought-Leadership and Expo-Only passes offer selective program and pricing options. For the first time, attendees can also purchase select events and programs à la carte.
For more information, visit www.semiconwest.org. SEMICON West will be held July 11-13 at Moscone Center in San Francisco, Calif. Register now!
June 6, 2017