A SEMICON West like Never Before
By David Anderson, president, SEMI Americas
As our industry continues to evolve, SEMICON West is keeping pace with exciting new experiences, informative programs, valuable partnerships, and expanded networking events designed to engage every participant across the increasingly diversified electronics supply chain. The theme of this year’s show is “Smart Starts Here,” and, indeed, this year’s SEMICON West will spotlight the smartest new technologies and the smartest people in our industry. Our markets are changing fast ─ what better place to get a glimpse of the future?
If you’ve attended before, welcome back, you’ll enjoy SEMICON West’s new vitality. And if it happens to be your first time, welcome, you’ll be impressed and it won’t be your last. It’s where you need to be to succeed in our rapidly changing business environment. Here’s some of what’s in store:
- SEMI/IEEE World of IoT and Embedded Systems Training Workshops — SEMI has partnered with IEEE to deliver an exciting session focusing on the future of advanced IoT device architectures and emerging applications like home automation, smart cities, industrial and environmental monitoring, and MedTech. You’ll hear the latest from many industry experts, including Maciej Kranz, Cisco’s VP of Strategic Innovations, and author of the New York Times bestseller, Building the Internet of Things. In addition, IEEE will host two hands-on training workshops on embedded system software development — the technology behind IoT innovations. The workshops will provide real-time, practical guidance, including live demos of software development.
- SEMI/SAE International SMART Automotive — We have partnered with SAE International to create a dynamic session covering the latest technologies and performance upgrades that are shaping the future of autonomous transportation, coupled with another unique session demonstrating how integrated electronics are meeting the growing need for speed, intelligence, and memory in today’s smart cars. SMART Automotive attendees will get an insider’s view from Timothy Cavanaugh of SAE International, IHS Markit’s Luca De Ambroggi, and other key players from Qualcomm, NVIDIA, Mentor Graphics, and Continental Automotive Systems.
- SMART Manufacturing — Four blockbuster sessions covering the manufacturing innovations that are enabling faster time-to-market, more reliable production methodologies, and increased profitability.
- Interactive Experiences, Networking to the Max — All-new networking events like the Summerfest at AT&T Park and immersive, futuristic experiences like the VR- and AI-driven SMART Journey make this year’s SEMICON like no other before.
- New Ways to Attend — You can now get just what you want. Select an All-In pass to get everything that SEMICON West has to offer, or select the Thought Leadership or Expo-Only passes for a more tailored experience. You can even purchase exclusive training and networking events à la carte. Here’s a direct link to pricing and registration.
- Hiring the Best — At the new MicroE Career Development & Recruitment Forum newcomers and industry veterans alike can meet representatives of leading companies and gain valuable insights into job opportunities.
May 2, 2017