China PV Standards TC Chapter Winter meeting was Successfully Held in Shenzhen
By Kris Shen, SEMI China
The SEMI China PV Standards Technical Committee (TC) Chapter Winter meeting was held in Shenzhen, on November 20, 2015. Representatives from the China Electronics Standardization Institute of MIIT and 100+ members from 50+ leading PV companies ─ including Suntech, Canadian Solar, Yingli Solar, JA Solar, Trina, LONGi and LDK ─ attended this meeting.
China PV Standards Technical Committee Chapter has been running successfully for 4 years, formed 7 task forces and now there are 16 standards published, with an additional 17 standards activities in the pipeline.
During the meeting, the committee also reviewed the voting results of the ballots (see below) in Cycle 7-2015. Both documents passed technical review with editorial changes and will be submitted to Audit & Review subcommittee for approval.
- Doc 5478, New Standard: Test Method for Thin-film Silicon PV Modules Light Soaking
- Doc 5564C, New Standard: Test Method for the Measurement of Chlorine in Silicon by Ion Chromatography
One SNARFs (SEMI New Activity Report Form), initially reviewed by the global PV TC members for two weeks, were approved:
- Doc 5968, proposed by Yingli, New Standard: Guide for Sample Preparation Method for Photovoltaic Backsheet Performance Tests.
Additionally, the committee listened to the authors’ report and also discussed several key technical items in the document. Three documents were authorized for ballots in Cycle 9-2015:
- Doc 5768, New Standard: Specification for Testing Requirements of Electroluminescence Defect Detection System for Crystalline Silicon PV Modules
- Doc 5773, New Standard: Test Method for Cell Defects in Crystalline Silicon PV Modules by Using Electroluminescence
- Doc 5830, New Standard: Classification for Electroluminescence Inspection of Crystalline Silicon Photovoltaic Modules
December 12, 2015