China PV Standards TC Chapter Summer Meeting Successfully Held in Qingdao
By Kris Shen, SEMI China
The SEMI China PV Standards TC Chapter Summer meeting was held in Qingdao, Shandong, on July 31, 2015. Representatives from the China Electronics Standardization Institute of MIIT and 90+ members from 40 leading PV companies, including Suntech, Canadian Solar, Yingli Solar, JA Solar, Trina, Longi and LDK attended this meeting.
According to the action items from NA, committee approved to disbaned the PV Power Station Equipment Integrated Performance Task Force, due to out of the scope of the global Photovoltaic committee, 2 documents (Doc 5648 & Doc 5729) under this task force also withdrew. And now there are 7 task forces under the China Photovoltaic committee chapter (see the picture as below)
Five more documents initiated from China PV TC chapter were published in the recent cycle, they are:
- Doc 5477D, Test Method for Determining B, P, Fe, Al, Ca Contents in Silicon Powder for PV Applications by Inductively-Coupled-Plasma Optical Emission Spectrometry, published as SEMI PV64-0715
- Doc 5659A, New Standard: Test Method for C-Si Solar Cell Color, published as SEMI PV65-0715
- Doc 5726, Test Method for Determining the Aspect Ratio of Solar Cell Metal Finger by Confocal Laser Scanning Microscope, published as SEMI PV66-0715
- Doc 5727, New standard: Test Method for the Etch Rate of a Crystalline Silicon Wafer by Determining the Weight Loss, published as SEMI PV67-0815
- Doc. 5728, New Standard: Test Method for the Wire Tension of Multi-wire Saws, published as SEMI PV68-0815
Additionally, three SNARFs, initially reviewed by the global PV TC members for 2 weeks, were approved. Doc.5925, proposed by Trina Solar, New Standard: Specification for Dual-glass Module with Crystalline Silicon Terrestrial Solar Cell. And Doc 5926, proposed by Hanergy, New Standard: Test Method for Bending Property of Flexible Thin Film PV Modules, The other, proposed by LDK, Doc. 5927, Revision of SEMI PV22-1011, Specification for Silicon Wafers for Use in Photovoltaic Solar Cells. Doc 5927 will be added Quasi Monocrystalline Silicon Wafers related information.
During the meeting, the committee listened authors’ report and also discussed on several key technical item in the document content, finally, three following documents were authorized for ballots in Cycle 7-2015 & Cycle 8-2015:
- Doc 5478, New Standard: Test Method for Thin-film Silicon PV Modules Light Soaking
- Doc 5564C, New Standard: Test Method for the Measurement of Chlorine in Silicon by Ion Chromatography
- Doc 5927, Revision of SEMI PV22-1011, Specification for Silicon Wafers for Use in Photovoltaic Solar Cells (for Cycle 8-2015
China PV Standards Technical Committee Chapter has been running successfully for 3.5 years, and now there are 16 standards were published, and additional 17 standards activities are currently in the pipeline.
The next SEMI China PV Standards TC Chapter Meeting will be held on November 20, 2015 in Shenzhen.
September 23, 2015