SAN JOSE, Calif. – June 3, 2015 – SEMICON West 2015 on July 13-16 in San Francisco features partner events focusing on new technologies, device architecture, materials and markets. Organized by SEMI, this year marks the 45th anniversary of SEMICON West, America’s premier microelectronics event. Gartner, IEEE, SRC, SEMATECH, FlexTech Alliance, MIG, Screen, and Entegris are several of the featured content partners. Register now for discounted SEMICON West registration (through June 5).
On July 13 preceding the SEMICON West exhibition opening, Gartner will co-sponsor a Market Symposium with SEMI, providing a mid-year market update as well as a forum to discuss critical, breaking business issues. The agenda for this Symposium includes a keynote from Ian Ferguson, vice president of Segment Marketing at ARM.
IEEE Electron Devices Society and Semiconductor Research Corporation (SRC) are partnering with SEMI for the “The Path to Future Interconnects” Semiconductor Technology Symposium (STS) session on July 16. Session presenters will drill into the nature of the biggest challenges in materials and processing of current and future interconnects, and their impact on circuit and system requirements. Experts from Applied Materials, GLOBALFOUNDRIES, imec, Lam Research, and SRC ─ plus Columbia University, Georgia Institute of Technology, and University of California Berkeley ─ will present.
Session topics in the Interconnect program include:
- Interconnect Performance and Yield Challenges for 7nm and Beyond
- Interconnects for Flexible/Stretchable Circuits
- Lessons from Brain Connectivity for Future Interconnect Circuits
STS programs at SEMICON West this year will also include:
- Semiconductor Manufacturing: Current Challenges and Future Opportunities for the Semiconductor Supply Chain (July 14; session partner: SEMATECH)
- Adjacent Spaces: Opportunities for Growth for the Semiconductor Supply Chain (July 14; session partner: SEMATECH)
- Flexible Hybrid Electronics for Wearable Applications – Challenges and Solutions (July 16; session partner: FlexTech Alliance)
Other Partner Events include:
- SCREEN Breakfast Forum: 20/20 Visions on lithography in 2020 (July 15)
- MIG/SEMI Joint Workshop: Creating Solutions to Address Common Challenges Facing the MEMS Sensor and Semiconductor Industries in the Next Decade (July 15)
- Entegris Yield Breakfast (July 16)
Premier sponsors of SEMICON West 2015 include Applied Materials, KLA-Tencor, and Lam Research.
Register now for discounted SEMICON West 2015 registration (through June 5).
SEMI is the global industry association serving the nano- and microelectronic manufacturing supply chains. Our 1,900+ member companies are the engine of the future, enabling smarter, faster and more economical products that improve our lives. Since 1970, SEMI has been committed to helping members grow more profitably, create new markets and meet common industry challenges. SEMI maintains offices in Bangalore, Beijing, Berlin, Brussels, Grenoble, Hsinchu, Moscow, San Jose, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information on SEMI, visit www.semi.org.
# # #