New Taiwan Exhibition Co-Location Bridges LED Manufacturing and Lighting Supply Chains
LED Taiwan to Co-Locate with Taiwan International Lighting Show in 2014
TAIPAI, Taiwan — November 25, 2013 — SEMI announced today that starting in 2014, LED Taiwan, the only LED manufacturing-focused exposition in Taiwan, will co-locate with the Taiwan International Lighting Show, Taiwan’s largest solid state lighting exhibition and conference. This new combination exhibition platform is expected to provide both attendees and exhibitors the world’s most comprehensive view of solid state lighting technology and products, from manufacturing to applications. The new co-located LED Taiwan (March 20-22) and Taiwan International Lighting Show (March 20-23) event will be held at TWTC Nangang Exhibition Hall in Taiwan.
Taiwan is the world’s leader in LED manufacturing with 41 LED fabs representing over 21 percent of the world’s capacity — more than any other region (according to SEMI Opto/LED Fab Forecast report). Meanwhile, worldwide LED epitaxy capacity is expected to reach 2.4 million in 2013 (4” equivalent per month), with Taiwan LED makers accounting for the largest share of capacity (around 28 percent) with their facilities in Taiwan and China. According to the analyst firm, Research and Markets, the solid state lighting market is expected to reach nearly $60 billion by 2018, at a CAGR of 18.7 percent from 2013 to 2018. The Asia-Pacific region will account for approximately 50 percent of the total, making the combined Taiwan event ideally positioned to serve this rapidly growing market.
From epitaxy, chips, packaging to end applications, Taiwan has developed a comprehensive LED supply chain that has built a wealth of knowledge and know-how. Business opportunities abound with high demands for equipment, parts/components and materials. The new co-located event is the best LED procurement platform in Asia. The event is an excellent opportunity to learn new trends and seize business opportunities, with renewed opportunities to bridge the LED manufacturing and LED lighting supply chains.
Highlights of LED Taiwan 2014 (March 20-22) include:
- VIP Customer Invitation Program: Strengthen your connections with your most valued customers. Top executives in your provided customer list will be invited to receive the exclusive privileges and benefits. Besides the VIP leads to the exhibitors, SEMI Taiwan will visit other LED exhibitions/events worldwide to invite VIP of LED manufacturers, such as ChinaSSL, Lighting Japan etc. We will bring more VIP/Buyers to LED Taiwan.
- Meet Buyers and Prospects: The Supplier Search Program offers face-to-face access with leading chip makers and packaging houses looking for new solutions and suppliers.
- LED VIP Luncheon: An “invitation only” event at LED Taiwan for over 70 top executives of LED companies from around the world, offers you excellent networking opportunities.
- Marketing resources: Websites, databases, advertising and other PR tools are set up to help you get the most out of the show.
- Co-location with Taiwan International Lighting Show 2013: LED Taiwan’s co-location with TILS (LED Lighting Show) makes it the largest LED ecosystem trade show in Taiwan
Attend LED Taiwan, now co-located with TILS, and meet Delta, Edison Opto, Epistar, Everlight, Forward, NYPI and more major companies face to face. LED Taiwan is the premier platform to showcase your products, technologies, and services for LED manufacturing in the world's leading and most influential LED market. For more information, visit www.ledtaiwan.org
LED Taiwan is organized by SEMI and TAITRA, co-organized by TOSIA (Taiwan Optoelectronic Semiconductor Industry Association). The Taiwan International Lighting Show (TILS) is organized by the Taiwan Bureau of Foreign Trade, MOEA, and implemented by Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA) Taiwan Lighting Fixture Export Association (TLFEA). The combined LED Taiwan and TILS event is projected to attract 500 exhibitors and nearly 20,000 attendees from all sectors of the lighting and LED industries.
Another concurrent event — tSSL (Taiwan Solid State Lighting), organized by ITRI, TOSIA, TAITRA, TLFEA and SEMI — brings together scientists and engineers actively engaged in research, development, and manufacturing, all aspects of Solid State Lighting including materials, epitaxial growth, chip processing, optical, package and heat dissipation design, as well as systems and applications, to discuss current progress in this field. Each year, over 300 industry professionals attend.
For more information on LED Taiwan, visit www.ledtaiwan.org
SEMI is the global industry association serving the nano- and microelectronics manufacturing supply chains. Our 1,900 member companies are the engine of the future, enabling smarter, faster and more economical products that improve our lives. Since 1970, SEMI has been committed to helping members grow more profitably, create new markets and meet common industry challenges. SEMI maintains offices in Bangalore, Beijing, Berlin, Brussels, Grenoble, Hsinchu, Moscow, San Jose, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.semi.org
Phone: +886.3.560.1777 ext. 202
# # #
- Market Info
- Events & Tradeshows
- SEMI Members