Standards at SEMICON Japan 2012
By Junko Collins, SEMI Japan
More than 40 SEMI Standards meetings were held and approximately 300 committee members participated in the meetings held in conjunction with SEMICON Japan 2012. A highlight of the meeting set was the 3D-IC Study Group meeting on December 6 where more than 30 people participated.
During SEMICON Japan, the following Standards programs were held:
- STEP 450mm Overview
- SEMI Productivity Standards Workshop
- Trends of Current Safety Demands: This workshop explained SEMI Safety Guidelines with a comparison to major safety standards
- SEMI PV Standards Introductory Workshop - This workshop provided an introduction to published SEMI PV standards and current PV activities.
The SEMI Japan Regional Standards Committee also recognized 10 outstanding contributors to the SEMI Standards program in Japan who were responsible for nine new and 38 revised or reapproved documents during 2012.
The awardees included:
- SEMI Japan Standards Award: Masaaki Yamamichi (AIST)
- SEMI Japan International Collaboration Award: Takashi Murakami (Tokyo Electron), Kiyofumi Tanaka (Shin-Etsu Polymer), Kenichi Watanabe (Lintec), Akihito Kawai (Disco) and Sumio Masuchi (Disco)
- SEMI Special Appliciation Award: Hirokazu Tsunobuchi (Keyence), Yoichi Iga (Renesas Electronics)
- JRSC Honor Award: Shigeru Kobayashi (Renesas Electronics) and Shigehito Ibuka (Horiba)
SEMI, Standards Watch - May 2013