Registration Now Open for SEMICON West 2013, North America’s premier microelectronics event
SAN JOSE, Calif. — March 18, 2013 — Dynamic changes to R&D processes, tools, technical challenges, and funding/business models will highlight SEMICON West 2013 — along with product displays of the latest semiconductor manufacturing technology, components and subsystems. SEMICON West, the Western Hemisphere’s largest micro- and nano-electronics exhibition and conference, will be held July 9-11 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. The event will feature over 500 exhibitors, 50 hours of conference programs and more than 30,000 industry attendees. Registration is now open at www.semiconwest.org without charge until May 15; registration fees apply starting May 16.
The semiconductor industry is simultaneously addressing the most complex challenges in its history: EUV lithography, new transistor architectures, stacked 3D-ICs, and 450mm wafer transition. At the same time, adjacent markets in LED, MEMS and printed/flexible electronics are approaching technology crossroads — and new, post-CMOS alternatives to extend Moore’s Law are in the early stages of development. Reconciling these multiple R&D demands are transforming old R&D strategies and accelerating new organizational models, skill set requirements, consortia options, partnership strategies, global sourcing tactics, and other approaches to managed innovation.
SEMICON West addresses these new R&D approaches through a variety of keynote presentations, panel discussions, technical presentations, and collaboration sessions including:
- Silicon Innovation Forum: Organized by the industry’s leading strategic investment groups, this first-time forum provides a platform to connect new and emerging companies with strategic investors, venture capitalists and industry leaders.
- Consortia Views: For the first time anywhere, leaders from the industry’s top consortia — SEMATECH, imec and CEA-Leti — will share their views on collaborative R&D and the future of semiconductor technology.
- Keynote Perspectives: Ajit Manocha, CEO, GLOBALFOUNDRIES
- Essential R&D Process Sessions: Nano-Defect Detection and Lab-to-Fab Solutions
- Latest Technology Updates: Industry leaders will share the latest updates on lithography scaling and productivity, processing requirements for nonplanar transistors, 2.5/3D stacked ICs, and 450mm wafer processing.
- ITRS Public Sessions: The most critical technology innovation targets as identified the International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors.
- New Technology Sessions: Learn about the latest R&D opportunities and challenges in LEDs, MEMS, printed/flexible electronics, silicon photonics, and more.
SEMICON West is the annual tradeshow for the micro- and nano-electronics manufacturing industries. Last year, over 30,000 attended the event and over 500 companies exhibited the latest innovations and solutions for advanced manufacturing. For the sixth year, SEMICON West will be co-located with Intersolar North America, the leading solar technology conference and exhibition in the U.S. Every major semiconductor manufacturer, foundry, fabless company, equipment and materials supplier — plus leading companies in LEDs, MEMS, displays, printed/flexible electronics, PV, and other emerging technologies — attend SEMICON West.
Premier sponsors of SEMICON West 2013 include: Advantest, Applied Materials, and KLA-Tencor.
SEMICON West is almost sold out, book your booth today: www.semiconwest.org/Exhibitors/ExhibitNow
SEMI is the global industry association serving the nano- and microelectronics manufacturing supply chains. Our 2,000 member companies are the engine of the future, enabling smarter, faster and more economical products that improve our lives. Since 1970, SEMI has been committed to helping members grow more profitably, create new markets and meet common industry challenges. SEMI maintains offices in Beijing, Bengaluru, Berlin, Brussels, Grenoble, Hsinchu, Moscow, San Jose, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information on SEMI, visit www.semi.org.
# # #