Successful SEMI Members Day in Korea
On September 19, over 161 industry professionals from 102 companies attended the 2012 SEMI Members Day in Korea at the COEX Conference Center. Five speakers presented on topics including: Global Economy, Semiconductor outlook, Display Market, Parts Sourcing Strategy, and IP Management.
According to H.D. Cho, president of SEMI Korea, the 2012 program was the most successful SEMI Korea Members Day since the event was initiated in 2007, both in terms of the number of attendees as well as the level of their satisfaction.
Speakers at the event included:
- Denny McGuirk, president and CEO of SEMI, who welcomed attendees to the event
- Y.H. Lee, chairman of Wonik and 2nd vice chair and treasurer of the SEMI Board of Directors, also welcomed attendees
- H.D. Cho, president of SEMI Korea, discussed “SEMI Updates” including a SEMI overview and upcoming events, Membership Reports, and Board of Directors status report.
- C.H. Lee, research fellow at LG Economy Research, presented on “Global Economic Outlook” which covered the economy forecast for each regional segment, Eurozone, North America, China, BRICs and Korea
- J.H. Shon, CEO of IHS Korea, discussed the “Semiconductor Industry Outlook” including Electronics Industry overview and semiconductor device, equipment and material market capital spending forecasts and the implications for Korean companies.
- Allen Ji, director, Displaybank, whose “Display Market Outlook” presentation discussed LCD panel demand forecast, fab investment, price forecast, and TV panel cost forecast
- H.I. Lee, SCM senior manager of Lam Research Korea, talked about “Parts Sourcing Strategy,” including the introduction of Lam Research Korea and their parts localization strategies and success stories
- H.G. Shin of the Korea Association Industrial Technology Security, stressed that “Intellectual Property Management” was critical and emphasized the importance of IP based on many case studies
Jongwoo Lee, president of ZEUS, Korea Semiconductor and PV Equipment Company said, "We are pleased to see many value-added programs provided by SEMI in recent days. I think most SEMI Korea members enjoyed today’s program — informative for conducting current business but also for grasping future trends."
The event concluded with a friendly and relaxed reception. SEMI received valuable input from members and has already committed to expanding SEMI services in Korea in 2013.
The event was covered by the media, including: ET Times, Digital Times, Digital Daily, ZDNET, and Newsis.
For more information about SEMI, please visit www.semi.org. For information (registration and exhibition) on the upcoming SEMICON Korea (January 30-February 1), visit www.semiconkorea.org/en/. For information about SEMI in Korea, visit www.semi.org/en/About/Regions/P041816.
October 2, 2012