SEMI Northeast Committee Presents: Materials Matter - Opportunities in IC Manufacturing
Join us on September 19, 2012 in Albany, NY as industry experts discuss opportunities and challenges posed by new electronic materials.
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering (CNSE)
257 Fuller Road, Albany, NY 12203 (See special parking instructions below)
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
10:30am-12:30pm (registration begins at 10:00am)
- next generation materials
- supplier/customer expectations and gaps
- manufacturing challenges and resource needs
- impact on processes and potential gaps
- implications for 3D and 450mm
- economic issues and constraints
10:00 - registration (south rotunda)
10:30 - welcome and introductions (auditorium)
- Mark Thirsk, Managing Partner, Linx Consulting (moderator)
10:40 - presentations/speakers:
- Paul A. Farrar, Jr..General Manager of Global 450mm Consortium (G450C); CNSE Vice President for Manufacturing Innovation
- Dr. Raj Jammy, VP of Materials and Emerging Technologies, SEMATECH
- Dr. Edward C. Greer, Manager, Scouting & Exploration Network, Ventures and Business Development, The Dow Chemical Company
- Dr. Alain Diebold, Empire Innovation Professor of Nanoscale Science, CNSE
12:00 - Q&A
12:30 - networking lunch (south Rotunda)
1:30 - optional tour
Following lunch, registrants have the opportunity to participate in a tour of the CNSE Albany NanoTech Complex. To participate, please email email@example.com
Special Driving/Parking Instructions:
Due to construction, Fuller Road between Washington Ave. and the new I-90 roundabout will be closed. A detour will redirect vehicles to Fuller Road (South) from Western Avenue. Due to construction, there is also no parking at CNSE!From Fuller Road, follow the Event Parking signs to the Dutch Gold parking lot on the University at Albany campus. Continuous shuttle service (9:00am to 11:00am) will transport attendees to the CNSE NanoFab South Rotunda. Shuttles from CNSE to the parking lot will run from 1:30pm-3:30pm. There is no parking charge. Please leave at least 30 added minutes for travel time. We regret the inconvenience. Click here to download a map.
SEMI has a reserved rooms at the Holiday Inn Express at a reduced rate. To reserve a room, contact the hotel directly for the SEMI rate.
Sponsorship opportunities for this event are available. Please contact Marlene Sibley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.408.943.6988.
Contact Margaret Kindling with any questions or issues.