New Era of PV Supply Chain Dynamics— Addressed at 3rd Annual SEMI PV Fab Managers Forum Held in Conjunction with Intersolar North America
SAN JOSE, Calif. – May 31, 2012 – SEMI announced the third annual SEMI North American PV Fab Managers Forum which will be held at Intersolar North America 2012 in San Francisco, California on July 9, 2012. The SEMI North American PV Fab Managers Forum is focused on addressing shared supply chain challenges and improving customer-supplier relations across the photovoltaic supply chain. Successfully held in both Europe and U.S., the unique event format brings key stakeholders together in an informative yet collaborative, problem-solving setting — intended to accelerate industry dialog, research priorities, best practices, and global sourcing.
In light of significant shifts in market dynamics, increased trade friction and uncertainty about the continuation of key federal policies, the SEMI North American PV Fab Managers Forum will take a holistic look at the current state of the U.S. photovoltaic market including policy, market and technology perspectives on competitiveness, supply chain, bankability and financing. Tom Cheyney, director of Solar Practice, Impress Labs, will moderate the morning session, and Mark Osborne, PV Tech Magazine, will moderate the afternoon session with Denny McGuirk, president and CEO, SEMI, giving the opening remarks. Other highlights include:
- Morning Keynote: Chase Weir, Distributed Sun
- PV Global Market Assessment – The PV Industry in an Era of Volatility: Lazard Capital
- From Movers and Shakers to Move-Out and Shake-Out: How the U.S. Solar Market is Responding to Global Pressure: AEI
- Global Trade Considerations in Solar Manufacturing – The Intricacies of Government and Market Interaction: Applied Materials
- PV Manufacturing in the U.S. – An Assessment: Alta Devices
- State Policy Update: DSIRE, North Carolina Solar Center
- Solar Financing - Rewarding Disruptive Technology or Routine: Citi
- Afternoon Keynote: The New Way of R&D – Helping the PV Industry across the Chasm: Dr. Martha Symko-Davies, NREL
- Implications of Current U.S. Market Conditions on Next Generation Solar Equipment for Thin Film and Crystalline Silicon Technologies: NPD Solarbuzz
- The Limits of Cost Reduction – Squeezing Poly, Squeezing Margins: Linx Consulting
- Innovations in Solar Production: Schiller LLC
- A New Take on Cost Reduction in Module Manufacturing: Flextronics
- Inspection Requirements in Future Solar Manufacturing: KLA-Tencor
- Manufacturer Responses – Outlook for 2012/2013 from the Nexus of the Supply Chain: CNSE, SolarWorld Industries America
”Global PV supply chain issues are getting more and more complex, and this complexity reverberates throughout the PV supply chain. The SEMI North American PV Fab Managers Forum presents a much needed opportunity for manufacturers and suppliers to come together and identify challenges and supply chain bottlenecks that are best addressed collectively, as supply chain partners, and continue the dialogue to move the needle in the right direction for accelerated solar energy deployment in the U.S. and around the world," said Bettina Weiss, vice president, PV Group, SEMI.
This event is designed for: executives and senior staff in PV equipment, materials, cell and module companies; R&D; business development experts, financial analysts, scientists and experts from the photovoltaic industry; and research and academic organizations.
Register for SEMI North American PV Fab Managers Forum at http://conference.intersolar.de/cgi-bin/x-mkp/congress/section.pl?language=1&eve_id=7&sec_id=200&div_id=18.
More information about SEMI PV Group sessions at Intersolar North America 2012 is available at: http://conference.intersolar.de/cgi-bin/x-mkp/congress/division.pl?language=1&eve_id=7&div_id=18
For complete details on Intersolar North America 2012, including the new PV Production and Technology Hall located in Moscone North, visit the Intersolar North America website at www.intersolar.us.
Intersolar North America is organized by Solar Promotion International GmbH, Pforzheim and Freiburg Management and Marketing International GmbH (FMMI). SEMI PV Group, the global microelectronics industry association, is a co-organizer responsible for the photovoltaic production and raw materials industry segments. In addition, SEMI PV Group presents conference sessions on themes relating to technology, manufacturing, equipment and materials with the focus on innovation, efficiency gains and cost reduction.
About SEMI and PV Group
SEMI is the global industry association serving the nano- and microelectronics manufacturing supply chains. The SEMI PV Group represents SEMI member companies involved in the solar energy supply chain. SEMI member companies are the engine of the future, enabling smarter, faster and more economical products that improve our lives. SEMI maintains offices in Beijing, Bengaluru, Berlin, Brussels, Grenoble, Hsinchu, Moscow, San Jose, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit www.semi.org and www.pvgroup.org.
# # #
- Market Info
- Events & Tradeshows