Senior EHS Assistant
Senior EHS Assistant
High school graduate; two years college preferred.
& Technical Skills
Minimum of three years progressive experience in responsible administrative support work. Should type minimum of 55 wpm and have knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suite and Windows 7 applications. Position requires cross-functional thinking, ability to switch task and priorities easily, take direction from several people, and take initiative in assuming new assignments as opportunities arise.
Under minimal supervision perform a variety of advanced and complicated clerical duties requiring considerable judgment, independent analysis, and detailed knowledge of divisional and company procedures for the director, manager, and staff of the Department that deal in SEMI’s North American business, technology, and executive programs. Position reports to the Department Manager.
- Assist in EHS Programs logistics for SEMICON West. Prepare reports, schedules, purchase orders, and other program support documents. Coordinate mailings, shipments, and any necessary emailing, faxing and filing.
- Manage Global Care luncheon planning, invitations, logistics and reservations.
- Maintain the EHS Division calendar and facilitate completion of time sensitive activities.
- Maintain the Lyris database.
- Independently answer correspondence, handle inquiries or adjustments, which may require using considerable judgment, independent analysis, and knowledge of divisional and company procedures.
- Assist in the publication of program proceedings and workbooks, including copying, collating, stuffing the binders, and proofing.
- Create and proof attendee lists, badges, and conference materials.
- Maintains the integrity and efficiency of the department's computer files in G and P drives.
Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard. Is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning. Seizes more opportunities than others.
Time Management: Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities. Gets more done in less time than others. Can attend to a broader range of activities.
Approachability: Is easy to approach and talk to. Spends the extra effort to put others at ease. Can be warm, pleasant, and gracious with the interpersonal anxieties of others. Builds rapport well. Is a good listener. Is an early knower, getting informal and complete information in time to do something about it.
Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with the customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Written Communications: Is able to proof read and correct writing errors. Can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important. Quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside. Can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal. Eliminates roadblocks. Creates focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. Must occasionally stand and walk and lift or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel by car and/or airplane on business related matters is required.
- Market Info
- Events & Tradeshows