SEMI Standards Technical Education Program (STEP) on 450mm Wafer at SEMICON Japan 2011
This educational program aims to give clear and detailed explanations about 450mm standards as well as the latest developments in 450mm activity. This includes standardization of physical interfaces and other interoperability-related specifications for the 450mm (vacuum) process modules and transfer modules of cluster tools.
Newly published standard: SEMI E159-0611: Mechanical Specification for Multi Application Carrier (MAC) Used to Transport and Ship 450mm Wafers
SEMI E159-0611 was published in June 2011. The MAC is focused on silicon manufacturing and processed wafer shipping and is designed to be compatible with both loadports and especially FOUPs, using the same envelope, factory integration, and interoperability interfaces.
December 9, 2011
International Conference Hall
Makuhari Messe, Chiba, Japan
(In conjunction with SEMICON Japan 2011)
Chairperson: Shoji Komatsu, President, Acteon Corporation
For more information on this 450mm wafer program, please contact Hiro'fumi Kanno at email@example.com.
13:00 - Opening Remarks / Shoji Komatsu/
13:05 - 450mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Transition / Device Maker
13:30 - Overall Concepts of 450mm SEMI Standards Shoji Komatsu/ Acteon
13:50 - Explanation of 450mm Wafer specifications (SEMI M74, M76) / TBD
14:30 - Explanation of 450mm FOUP (SEMI E158), MAC (SEMI E159) and developmental status of 450mm FOSB / Equipment Supplier TBD
15:20 - Explanation of 450mm FOUP/ FOSB Load Port (SEMI E154/ E1xx) /Tsutomu Okabe/TDK
16:00 - Explanation of 450mm Platform (Process Module Physical Interface) / Equipment Supplier TBD
16:30 - Q&A
16:40 - Closing Remarks
Published 450mm Standards
All of the published standards in this article are available in SEMIViews, the online access system for SEMI Standards. Individual standards can be purchased from the SEMI Web store using the links below.
- SEMI M1-0611: Specifications for Polished Single Crystal Silicon Wafers
- SEMI M74-1108: Specification for 450mm Diameter Mechanical Handling Polished Wafer
- SEMI M76-0710: Specification for Developmental 450mm Diameter Polished Single Crystal Wafer
- SEMI E154-1110: Mechanical Interface for 450mm Load Port
- SEMI E156-0710: Mechanical Specification for 450mm AMHS Stocker to Transport Interface
- SEMI E158-1110: Mechanical Specification for Fab Wafer Carrier Used to Transport and Store 450mm Wafers (450 FOUP) and Kinematic Coupling
- SEMI E159-0611: Mechanical Specification for Multi Application Carrier (MAC) Used to Transport and Ship 450mm Wafers
- SEMI G88-0211, New Standard: Specification for Tape Frame for 450 mm Wafer*
*The STEP/450 will not cover G88-0211.
Draft Documents for 450mm Standards
For additional information on draft documents under development, see the Standards New Activity Report Forms (SNARFs) linked below.
- Document 4588, New Standard: Guide for Specifying Edge Profile of 450 mm Silicon Wafers
- Document 4812, New Standard: Guide for Flatness Measurement on 450 mm Wafers
- Document 4982 New Standard: Mechanical Interface Specification for 450mm FOSB Load Port
- Document 4760, New Standard: Mechanical Specification for 450 mm Shipping Box Used to Transport and Ship 450 mm Wafers
- Document 5069, New Standard: Specification for 450 mm Wafer Shipping System
- Document 5090, Revision of SEMI M1-0311, Specifications for Polished Single Crystal Silicon Wafers to incorporate specifications for polished 450 mm silicon wafers
- Document 5205, Revision to SEMI E154-1110, Mechanical Interface Specification for 450 mm Load Port
- Document 5263, Revisions to SEMI E158-1110, Mechanical Specification for Fab Wafer Carrier Used to Transport and Store 450mm Wafers (450 FOUP) and Kinematic Coupling, and SEMI E159-0611, Mechanical Specification for Multi Application Carrier (MAC) Used to Transport and Ship 450mm Wafers
- Document 5108, New auxiliary document: Overview guide to SEMI standard for 450mm wafer
- Document 4965, New Standard: Specifications for Load Port for 450mm Frame Carrier*
- Document 5069, New Standard: Specification for 450 mm Wafer Shipping System*
*This STEP will not cover Document 4965 and 5069.