Premier FPD China Event Focuses on How the Industry Can Meet Soaring Demand
40,000 Attendees Expected; China FPD Market Must Expand Rapidly to Meet Escalating Local Demand
SHANGHAI, China — February 16, 2011 — With a growing global and domestic demand for LCD displays in applications from televisions to tablet computers, China has emerged as a leading manufacturer and consumer of flat panel displays (FPDs). Against this backdrop, FPD China, the region's premier trade event, will again open its doors from March 15-17 at the Shanghai New International Exhibition Center (SNIEC) in Shanghai, China, showcasing the latest innovations in display manufacturing and applications. FPD China, which will be co-located with SEMICON China and SOLARCON China, is organized by SEMI.
According to DisplaySearch, China was the largest market for LCD televisions in 2010, and China is also a fast-growing consumer of other display products including mobile phones, e-readers, and tablet computers. Foreign and domestic investments in China's FPD manufacturing base are expanding to meet booming demand for televisions as well as other products in China and abroad. Two high-generation manufacturing plants (above Generation 6) are currently under construction in China, and another five have been approved or are in development. Coupled with expectations for continued strong growth in domestic FPD consumption, China is positioned to become an increasingly dominant player in LCD manufacturing.
FPD China covers the entire FPD supply chain, from manufacturing equipment, materials, components, and services, to panels, modules and finished displays. More than 40,000 industry visitors are expected over the three-day event. Attendees will include representatives from more than 40 central and local governments interested in creating opportunities for communication between governments and enterprises. Leading international display manufacturers are participating in the event, including Samsung, LG Display, Mitsubishi Electric, Chi Mei-Innolux, AUO, BOE and Tianma Micro-electronics.
FPD China 2011 will be held concurrently with SEMICON China, SOLARCON China, and the 2011 China FPD Conference (SEMI and SID).
With the strong partnership between SEMI and SID, the 2011 FPD China conference will provide a first-class international platform for both market outlooks and technology development, featuring executive keynote speakers from Applied Materials, BOE Technology Group, Market Analysis Institute, Merck Shanghai, Mitsubishi Electric, and Qualcomm.
The event features special programs including "China LCD Era," "Next Display" and "Road for Local Suppliers," in addition to four technical sessions:
- Technology Session 1: New Experience: 3D, Flexible Display & Touch Screenwith speakers from ASTRI , ITRI, NextWindow, Solomon Systech and V-Technology
- Technology Session 2: New Display: Oxide TFT & E-paperwith speakers from Oregon State University, PixelQi Corporation, Tokyo Technology University and Yonsei University
- Technology Session 3: TFT-LCDwith speakers from AUO, Heidenhain, Kyoritsu Inc., Shanghai Jiao-Tong University and Teknek
- Technology Session 4: OLEDwith speakers from Moser Baer Technologies, eMagin Corp., Orbotech, Baptist University, Organic Lighting Technologies LLC and Shanghai Tianma Micro-Electronics
Key speakers from the Technology Sessions include:
- Dr. Hideo Hosono, professor at Tokyo Technology University
- Dr. Jong-Souk Yeo, professor at School of Integrated Technology, Yonsei University
- Dr. Han-Ping Shieh, chair professor at Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Changjiang distinguished professor, IEEE/OSA/SID Fellow
- Geoff Walker, marketing and industry guru of NextWindow
- Dr. G. Rajeswaran, group CTO of Moser Baer India Ltd. and CEO at Moser Baer Technologies Inc.
For more information, visit www.fpdchina.org
SEMI is the global industry association serving the manufacturing supply chains for the microelectronic, display and photovoltaic industries. SEMI member companies are the engine of the future, enabling smarter, faster and more economical products that improve our lives. Since 1970, SEMI has been committed to helping members grow more profitably, create new markets and meet common industry challenges. SEMI maintains offices in Beijing, Bengaluru, Berlin, Brussels, Grenoble, Hsinchu, Moscow, San Jose, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.semi.org.
Tel: (86)21.5027.0909 ext. 223
San Jose, California
# # #
- Market Info
- Events & Tradeshows