Industry Experts Join Forces at SEMICON China to Prepare for Big Opportunities in Semiconductor and Emerging Markets
SHANGHAI, China — February 22, 2011 — Global industry executives will convene to prepare for upcoming opportunities in the semiconductor and emerging/adjacent markets at SEMICON China 2011 on March 15-17 at the Shanghai New International Expo Center (SNIEC). SEMICON China is conveniently co-located with SOLARCON China and FPD China, capitalizing on the synergy with these emerging and adjacent markets. Featuring more than 1,000 exhibitors occupying more than 2,000 booths, SEMICON China is the largest exposition of its kind in China with more than 40,000 people expected to attend. The China Semiconductor Technology International Conference (CSTIC), the largest technology conference in China, also co-locates with SEMICON China.
The most recent SEMI Consensus Forecast for semiconductor equipment sales in China reports that 15 percent growth is expected in 2011. China’s LED, PV, and FPD markets are also growing at incredible double-digit rates. In addition, China's 12th Five-Year development plan (2011-2015) promises to further expand the growth of the Chinese semiconductor industry because it targets the expansion of China's entire supply chain— from design to manufacturing— to serve the needs of the booming regional market. Projected investments of more than US$ 40 billion will fuel the Chinese semiconductor industry growth during this five-year period, with 2011 viewed as the beginning of a “golden period” of fast growth.
As the premier manufacturing industry trade show in China, SEMICON China offers the latest in advanced manufacturing technologies plus a wide range of programs focusing on the latest trends in the semiconductor industry and emerging markets. The event will present a comprehensive set of topics through its exhibition, keynote addresses, executive panels, technical and business forums and full-day technology conferences. The five keynote speakers, all industry leaders, demonstrate the industry's commitment to China and SEMICON China 2011. Grand keynote presenters include:
- Simon Yang, COO, SMIC
- Robert E. Bruck, VP and GM, Intel
- William Yu Wang, president, Grace Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Raj Kumar, senior VP and GM, GLOBALFOUNDRIES Singapore
- Tzu-yin Chiu, president and CEO, Shanghai Hua Hong NEC Electronics
This year’s event features five “Theme Pavilions”:
- "LED Lights Up the Future" International Forum with presentations from Cree, Epistar, IMS Research, KLA-Tencor, OSRAM, Philips Lumileds Lighting, SEMI, and Veeco. Chinese central and local governments have adopted policies that promote development of the China SSL industry and the China LED fab industry is booming.
- Road of China IC Design and Manufacturing Conference with presentation from Advanced Semiconductor Manufacturing, Grace Semiconductor, Marvell Semiconductor, Shanghai Hua Hong NEC Electronics, SMIC, TSMC, and VeriSilicon Microelectronics
- Parts & Equipment OEM Conference with presentations from Advanced Micro-Fabrication Equipment, Applied Materials, Beijing NMC, Beijing Sevenstar Electronics, COMET Technologies USA, MIIT, Piotech, and Tokyo Electron
- Used Equipment and Ecosystem Conference with presentations from Applied Materials, ATREG, Crossing Automation, MacQuarie, Ningbo BYD Semiconductor, SESTG, Simax Asia Pacific, Tokyo Electron, Triple Cores Technology, Western Digital
- Advanced Automotive Electronics Application and Opportunity in China Conference with presentations from Atmel Semiconductor Technology, iWatt, NXP Semiconductors, ON Semiconductor, Robert Bosch, Shanghai Hangsheng Industry Co., and STMicroelectronics
Major program and event highlights include:
- SOLARCON China 2011— Leaders of photovoltaic industry from all over the world will be there to exchange information on the latest technologies and lead discussions on future developments in the field of PV.
- CSTIC 2011— CSTIC will offer more than 300 highly qualified papers, covering all aspects of semiconductor technology and manufacturing. Keynote speakers from IBM, ITRI, University of California, and SMIC will present. An LED short course given by Dr. Decai Sun from Philips Lumileds and the Solar Silicon Material - Opportunity and Challenge panel discussion are highlights.
- FPD China 2011—China has emerged as a leading manufacturer and consumer of flat panel displays (FPDs). The event features special programs including "China LCD Era," "Next Display" and "Road for Local Suppliers," in addition to four technical sessions: 3D, Flexible Display & Touch Screens; New Displays: Oxide TFT & E-Paper; TFT-LCD; and OLED.
Additional information regarding SEMICON China 2011 exhibition, programs, and registration is available at www.semi.org.cn/semiconchina or by calling SEMI (in Shanghai) at +86.21.5027.0909.
SEMI is the global industry association serving the manufacturing supply chains for the microelectronic, display and photovoltaic industries. SEMI member companies are the engine of the future, enabling smarter, faster and more economical products that improve our lives. Since 1970, SEMI has been committed to helping members grow more profitably, create new markets and meet common industry challenges. SEMI maintains offices in Beijing, Bengaluru, Berlin, Brussels, Grenoble, Hsinchu, Moscow, San Jose, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.semi.org.
Tel: (86)21.5027.0909 ext 208
San Jose, California
# # #
- Market Info
- Events & Tradeshows