Call for Abstracts: MSEC 2018
Deadline for Abstracts:
July 6, 2018
Notification of Acceptance:
August 10, 2018
Final Presentation Due for Review:
October 1, 2018
The MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG) and 2018 MSEC Speaker Selection Committee invite you to submit:
- An abstract for a paper, TechTalk (cf., TedTalk)
- Demonstration at the MSEC 2018 Technology Showcase
The theme of the MEMS & Sensors Executive Congress (MSEC) 2018 is “Sensor Systems Enabling Autonomous Mobility.” Autonomous Mobility is often thought about when discussing vehicles, yet it can equally apply today when we consider wearables, the point of care medical devices, food delivery and agriculture platforms and remote monitoring systems such as environmental, weather, energy, industrial IoT, etc. MSEC 2018 will focus on system-level solutions for these areas incorporating MEMS/sensor and actuators, unique applications and innovative technological or market solutions. Speakers will elucidate unique application requirements, system level architecture, integration challenges and how to manage and overcome them successfully. We are inviting topics from across the entire MEMS/sensors supply chain as it pertains to the impact Autonomous Mobility will have.
As the premier information-gathering and networking conference for industry stakeholders, MSEC brings together 200+ executives, product managers, business development professionals, and engineering directors from the MEMS and sensors value chain, and attracts leading industry analysts and media. This year’s conference will take place on Sunday—Tuesday, October 28–30, at the exclusive Silverado Resort in Napa Valley, California.
How to Submit an Abstract
To submit an abstract, complete the ONLINE FORM and upload your abstract (100-250 words) describing the topic of your presentation and how it applies to the MEMS & Sensors industry. There is no fee for submission. SEMI MSIG members will receive priority consideration.
MEMS & Sensors Executive Congress 2018 Speaker Selection Committee
Mike Rosa, Applied Materials
Uma Krishnamoorthy, Bosch
André Rouzaud, CEA-Leti,
Technology Research Institute
Craig Ensley, Innovative Micro Technology (IMT)
Rajashree Baskaran, Intel
Nicole Kerness, Kionix
Venkataraman Chandrasekaran, Knowles
Michelle Bourke, Lam Research
Collin Twanow, Micralyne
Silvia Garre, NXP
Ian Campbell, Onscale
Evgeni Gusev, Qualcomm Technologies
We are seeking abstracts addressing MEMS & Sensors breakthroughs and innovations in, but not limited to, the following:
- Autonomy in Private and Public Transportation for Land, Sea, and Air
- Wearable Devices for Sport, Fitness, and Medical Uses
- New Sensor-based Hardware Additions to Mobile Phones and Tablets
- MEMS-based Displays and Projectors for mobile/remote applications
- Environmental Sensing
- Sensors in Food and Agriculture
- Mobile and Remote Monitoring IOT applications
- 5G and Autonomous Mobility
- AI, Machine Learning, and Sensing for Autonomous Mobility
- MEMS/Sensor Supply Chain Implications of Autonomous Mobility
- Emerging Technologies, R&D and Investment Trends in Autonomous Mobility
Presentation & Submission Guidelines
Presentations must include practical recommendations for addressing commercialization issues. Preference will be given to applications providing innovative technological or market solutions driven by a particular use-case along with its integration challenges and system-level architecture decisions. Applications should feature unique requirements such as power efficiency, computational capabilities, wireless interconnectivity, and data management. Presentations should cover how each challenge was addressed and overcome.
- Abstracts should clearly outline a path forward and articulate a call-to-action.
- Commercial or marketing presentations will not be accepted.
- Speakers will receive discounted admission to MSEC 2018. No other compensation will be provided.
- Speakers will be required to sign an agreement, provide a bio and headshot by July 6, and provide an electronic copy of his or her presentation by October 1, 2018.
- All final presentations will be made available to conference attendees and MSIG members.
Benefits of Presenting
Be recognized as a leader in our exciting and growing industry. Selected presenters will receive acknowledgment in the onsite MSEC 2018 Event Guide, the conference website, and MSEC proceedings and a discounted MSEC registration fee.
| || |
Michelle Fabiano, IOM
Program & Event Manager, SEMI
| || |
| || || || |