Academic research innovations and industrial technological advancements will not only drive current trends but will also dictate the longer term market landscape for systems incorporating MEMS and sensor devices. The distinguished panelof speakers from academia and industry will discuss their current work and future innovation requirements with respect to MEMS and Sensors and how these will impact applications and markets. Panelists will discuss opportunities such as:
· Academic and Industrial overlaps and additional opportunities which may provide a more symbiotic relationship.
· Requirements to facilitate enhanced success rate and reduced cycle time to drive products to market.
· Panelist definition of a successful outcome.
· Process for funneling academic outcomes into industrial successes and potential improvements.
· Pro’s and con’s of tightly integrated vs independent academic and industrial efforts.