From “Meet the Experts” to China Opportunities; from Networking to Career Development; plus a Focus on Smart Everything
MILPITAS, Calif. — June 23, 2017 — SEMI today announced that it has enriched its annual SEMICON West (July 11-13 in San Francisco, Calif.) by offering new, timely programs and forums for attendees to engage with peers and presenters at the three-day industry event.
“As our industry changes, we’re changing too,” said Dave Anderson, president, SEMI Americas. “Our programs are now organized around specific “Smart” applications, technologies, and adjacencies such as Smart Automotive, Advanced Packaging, 5G, and IoT, making it easy for attendees to focus on their specific needs,” he added. “We’ve reenergized the entire exposition and conference to put a laser focus on addressing challenges, finding solutions, and giving attendees everything they need to thrive in today’s disruptive business environment.”
SEMICON West offers 115 hours of advanced programming and more than 600 exhibits. The industry’s flagship event, re-imagined for 2017, will also feature inaugural programs, including:
- China Strategic Innovation & Investment Forum — China’s semiconductor industry is going through an explosive growth phase. IC and investment executives will share their views on the industry’s evolution and offer insights on investment and M&A trends in China.
- Meeting the Challenges of the 4th Industrial Revolution along the Microelectronics Supply Chain — The executive panel will address the opportunities and challenges facing the industry as the era of Big Data fuses the physical and digital worlds.
- Smart Automotive, 5G Communications, MEMS & Sensors, MedTech and more will be discussed in the expanded TechXPOT sessions on the show floor.
- IEEE Embedded Systems Training Workshops for IoT —Two exclusive IEEE workshops will cover embedded system software development, the key to optimizing performance and power in IoT devices and applications.
- New Ways to Engage & Network — The new SMART Journey on the exposition floor will deliver stunning, hyper-visual insights into the microelectronics innovations that are revolutionizing the manufacturing supply chain, automotive, and everyday living. At the Journey’s Meet the Experts Theater, attendees will hear how breakthroughs in processes, packaging, and AI are changing the world.
- Career Development — Amid competition from trendy companies like Google and Facebook, the semiconductor industry also needs to attract the best and the brightest. At the MicroE Career Development & Recruitment Forum, job seekers will learn about opportunities at some of the leading names in electronics.
- On the fun front, the Summerfest at AT&T Park, home of the San Francisco Giants, will provide a bit of R&R as conference attendees network and watch the All-Star Game live on the stadium’s Big Screen.
In addition, SEMICON West features keynote talks from industry luminaries including Tetsuro Higashi of TEL, Tom Caulfield of GLOBALFOUNDRIES, Kathy Winters of Intel, and special guest Jim Morgan of Applied Materials. The World of IoT: Understanding Risks and Opportunities in Transformative Technologies — focuses on key IoT applications, big data and security, including solutions for home automation, smart cities, industrial monitoring, medical and healthcare, environmental monitoring, agriculture, and more. All of this, along with traditional favorites such as the SEMI/Gartner Bulls & Bears Industry Outlook, will be held at SEMICON West 2017.
To increase engagement with speakers and colleagues and enhance the overall Expo experience, attendees are encouraged to download the new SEMICON West Mobile App at the App Store or Google Play. For more information, visit www.semiconwest.org.
SEMI® connects nearly 2,000 member companies and 250,000 professionals worldwide annually to advance the technology and business of electronics manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. Since 1970, SEMI has built connections that have helped its members grow, create new markets, and address common industry challenges together. SEMI maintains offices in Bangalore, Beijing, Berlin, Brussels, Grenoble, Hsinchu, Seoul, Shanghai, Silicon Valley (Milpitas, Calif.), Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.semi.org and follow SEMI on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Deborah Geiger/SEMI Headquarters
Phone: +1 408.943.7988