TOKYO – August 10, 2016 – SEMI today announced that SEMICON Japan 2016, at Tokyo Big Sight on December 14-16, has increased exhibition and programming to keep pace with high-growth semiconductor segments in Japan. SEMICON Japan, celebrating its 40th anniversary, is the leading electronics event in Japan, with more than 700 exhibitors and 35,000 attendees.
With the world’s largest installed fab capacity of over 4.1 million (200mm equivalent) wafers per month and its diverse product mix, Japan is well-positioned to meet the increasing demands of the new world of electronics – from innovations in mobile technologies to the growing “World of IoT” devices. SEMICON Japan 2016 connects the players and companies across the electronics manufacturing supply chain by facilitating communications and partnerships. Highlights of the exhibition area include:
- The main exhibit zone includes a Front-end Process zone and a Back-end/Materials Process zone.
- “World of IoT (Internet of Things)”, a “show-within-a-show,” is where semiconductor manufacturing intersects IoT applications including wearable, health care, medical, automotive, and more. The World of IoT this year newly expands its scope to include flexible hybrid electronics (FHE), an essential enabling technology for IoT applications. Exhibiting companies include Japanese flexible and printed electronics companies from key institutes and associations for the industry area.
- The Sustainable Manufacturing Pavilion, features solutions for the expanding IoT market driving 200mm lines; exhibitors include used and refurbished equipment, cleanroom-related, environmental safety, and more.
- The Manufacturing Innovation Pavilion showcases innovations for leading-edge lower-cost semiconductor devices; exhibitors include advanced lithography, 2.5D/3D-IC, innovative manufacturing systems, specialty materials, OLED/LED/PE manufacturing equipment and materials.
- Innovation Village, an interactive exposition showcase arena. Exhibitors are early-stage startups seeking funding, partners, and media exposure in the domain of electronics, materials, IT, tele-communications, bio, med-tech, environment, security or hardware.
Platinum sponsors of SEMICON Japan 2016 include: Disco, SCREEN Semiconductor Solutions and Tokyo Electron. Gold sponsors include Advantest, Applied Materials, Daihen, Ebara, Hitachi High-Technologies, JSR, Lam Research, Nikon, Tokyo Seimitsu and VAT.
SEMICON Japan (December 14-16, Tokyo) offers excellent opportunities to connect with Japan’s changing semiconductor industry. To join the exhibition, please see www.semiconjapan.org/en/exhibit. To secure the best available booth location, contact us today at SEMI Japan customer services at firstname.lastname@example.org. For complete information of exhibits and programs, visit www.semiconjapan.org/en.
SEMI® connects more than 2,000 member companies and more than a quarter-million professionals worldwide to advance the science and business of electronics manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. Since 1970, SEMI has built connections that have helped its members grow, create new markets, and address common industry challenges together. SEMI maintains offices in Bangalore, Beijing, Berlin, Brussels, Grenoble, Hsinchu, Moscow, San Jose, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information about SEMI, visit www.semi.org and follow SEMI on LinkedIn and Twitter.
# # #