SEMI Webcast: Responding to the 2009 Global Swine Flu Pandemic – Suggestions for SEMI Members and Industry Partners (May 2009)
Description and Overview
SEMI members and industry partners are concerned about possible impacts of the 2009 global Influenza Pandemic (Swine Flu or H1N1 Flu) for business continuity and preparedness. To address these concerns, SEMI hosted two (2) separate webcasts, which summarized the current Swine Flu pandemic and suggested approaches to respond to it. Both webcasts covered similar content. Information about webcast # 1 is below. Information about webcast # 2 is located on a separate webpage here.
Webcast # 1 – May 6, 2009
Webcast # 1 took place on May 6, 2009 and lasted two (2) hours.
Webcast co-sponsors included:
- PV Group
- SESHA – Semiconductor Environmental Safety & Health Association
- TERF – Technology Emergency Response Forum
Speakers / Moderator
Webcast speakers included:
- Elizabeth Aton, Industry Consultant
- Don Lassiter, Occupational Health Systems
- Aaron Zude, SEMI
- Raelene Wong, Applied Materials
Speaker biographies are available here. The moderator was:
- Sanjay Baliga, SEMI
The final agenda is below:
- 5 Minutes – Welcome and Introductions
- 20 Minutes – Introduction to Influenza (Aton)
- 20 Minutes – Threat of Pandemic Influenza (Lassiter)
- 15 Minutes – Pandemic Planning: Rational Approach (Zude)
- 20 Minutes – Industry Perspectives on Planning (Wong)
- 40 Minutes – Question and Answer Session
Presentation slides are attached below:
- Introduction and Agenda
- Speaker Biographies
- Introduction to Influenza (Aton)
- Threat of Pandemic Influenza (Lassiter)
- Pandemic Planning: Rational Approach (Zude)
- Question and Answer Session
The Webcast was recorded and the electronic file is available for streaming as a Windows Media Player file:
If you would like to download this file to your Windows-based computer, please right click on the link above and “Save Target As…” to your computer hard drive.
More information about Pandemic Planning (including preparing for the Swine Flu) is located here.
Otherwise, please contact Sanjay Baliga (SEMI Senior Manager in San Jose).
Web Address / Updates
The web address for this page is: http://www.semi.org/en/issues/ehs/ctr_029510
This page was first created on April 30, 2009. This page was last updated on May 12, 2009.
This page is sponsored by: