SEMI Participates in Carbon Accounting Symposium (May 2009)
Description / Overview
SEMI partnered with Greentech Media and Groom Energy in presenting a one day symposium on carbon accounting. This event provided ideas and solutions on the major issues facing large corporations and institutions around carbon accounting.
Top-level speakers from major corporations and policy organizations were brought together to share their experiences with enterprise carbon accounting and the ongoing development of greenhouse gas cap-and-trade regulation.
The agenda included a greenhouse gas regulation panel, discussion on stakeholder management disclosures and green ratings, overview of carbon management software solutions, carbon accounting case studies (including SEMI Global Care member Applied Materials), and investor panel, and a panel discussion on linking carbon accounting with financial accounting.
More information about the Symposium is located on the Greentech Media website.
Date and Location
- Hyatt Regency - San Francisco Airport
- San Francisco, California, USA
- May 14, 2009, 8 AM – 6:15 PM
SEMI members received a 50% discount on the $495 registration fees.
Programs / Events
The Symposium included the following:
- Welcome and Introduction
- Keynote: The Business View of Carbon Accounting
- Greenhouse Gas Regulation Panel
- Stakeholder Management: Disclosure and Green Ratings
- Emerging Trends in Software Solutions to Manage Carbon
- Networking Lunch
- Case Studies
- Investor Panel: Investment Outlook on Smart Grids, Carbon Management, and Energy Monitoring Tools
- Linking Carbon Accounting With Financial Accounting
Presentation materials will be made available here shortly.
For more information about Greentech Media and the Symposium is located on their website. If you have questions about SEMI’s role in the Greentech Media Symposium, please contact Sanjay Baliga (SEMI Senior Manager in San Jose).
Web Address / Updates
The web address for this page is: http://www.semi.org/en/issues/ehs/ctr_029368
This page was first created on April 20, 2009. This page was last updated on May 18, 2009.
This page is sponsored by: