Strategic EHS Issues of the New Obama Administration
Government and Industry Briefing on Federal EHS Directions: Implications and Opportunities
Pending energy and environmental initiatives and policy directives will provide unique challenges for SEMI member companies and industry partners. While some are concerned about the potential impact on industry growth, others see market opportunities and new industry-government partnerships. Therefore, SEMI will host a seminar to foster industry-government dialogue and clarification of possible implications of changes in EHS direction from the Obama Administration, U.S. Congress and the State of California. The Seminar is co-presented by SEMI, the Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA), and the U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC).
Time and Place
Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM PDT (San Francisco Local Time)
San Francisco Marriott, 55 Fourth Street, San Francisco, California 94103 USA + Internet Simulcast
Agenda and Speakers
The final Agenda is located here.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Climate Change Division – Scott Bartos, Program Manager
- California Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) – Jeffrey Wong, Deputy Director
- U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC) – Dorothea Blouin, Analyst
- U.S. Senate Committee on Environment (Invited) – Bettina Poirier, Chief of Staff
- Environmental & Occupational Risk Management (EORM) – Tim Mohin, Principal Consultant
- SIA – Tom Diamond, EHS Director
- SEMI – Aaron Zude, Senior EHS Director
- Climate Change
- Nanotechnology Chemicals Management
- International Regulations
- Congressional Overview
- Implications for Corporate Social Responsibility
- Implications to SIA Members
- Implications to SEMI Members
Presentation materials are located here:
- Introduction and Agenda
- Climate Change (Bartos)
- Nanotechnology Chemicals Management (Wong)
- International Regulations (Blouin)
- Implications for Corporate Social Responsibility (Mohin)
- Implications to SIA Members (Diamond)
- Implications to SEMI Members (Zude)
The entire Seminar was recorded, which will be made available here shortly.
For more information about this event, please contact Sanjay Baliga (SEMI Senior Manager, San Jose).
A complete list of all EHS and Sustainability programs and events that took place at SEMICON West 2009 / Intersolar North America 2009 is located here.
Web Address / Updates
The web address for this page is: http://www.semi.org/en/issues/ehs/ctr_028649
This page was first created on March 1, 2009. This page was last updated on July 27, 2009.
This page is sponsored by:
- Market Info
- Events & Tradeshows
- SEMI Members