SEMI Partners with WSC, ISMI, and ITRS to Develop an Energy Conservation Roadmap (February 2009)
SEMI to Partner with WSC, ISMI, and ITRS to Develop an Energy Conservation Roadmap (February 2009)
SEMI is launching a new initiative to identify the current drivers, obstacles, and opportunities for advancing energy conservation of tools, processes and facilities. The roadmap would serve to highlight where significant further improvements in energy conservation can be made and will identify the "path forward" to achieving those results.
Development of the roadmap is intended to be an industry supply chain effort, possible led by SEMI, ISMI, the WSC Energy Conservation Working Group and the ITRS EHS Working Group.
In the coming months, the intention is for SEMI, ISMI, WSC and ITRS to plot out possible meetings for 2009 and beyond. For its part, SEMI expects to hold no less than two meetings in 2009:
- Industry Workshop at SEMICON West (Tuesday, July 14, 2009)
- Industry Workshop at SEMICON Japan (December 2009):
The Roadmap will likely be defined in late 2009 or early 2010. Possible elements of the Roadmap could include:
- Energy reduction of mature (200mm) equipment
- Energy conservation goals of 450mm equipment
- Idle mode (communication, process stability, etc.)
- Component energy ratings
- S23 measurement & reports (standard recipes, ISMI’s TEE Tool, etc.)
- Exhaust reduction
- Heat dissipation
- “Rightsizing” support systems
- Power management & device efficiencies (RF generators, chillers, vacuum pumps, etc.)
- Fab energy simulation tools (heat dissipation, energy balance, etc.)
For more information or to volunteer your knowledge, time, or resources, please contact Sanjay Baliga (SEMI Senior Manager, San Jose) by email at email@example.com.
Feb 27, 2009
- Market Info
- Events & Tradeshows