Intel Honors Companies with Supplier and Achievement Awards
On March 10, Intel Corporation (a SEMI member) recognized 26 companies with its 2015 Preferred Quality Supplier (PQS) award, which celebrates exceptional performance and continuous pursuit of excellence. The 2015 recipients exhibited extraordinary achievements across key focus areas of quality, cost, availability, technology, customer service, labor and ethics systems, and environmental sustainability. Seventeen of the award winners are SEMI members.
The PQS award is part of Intel’s Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement (SCQI) program, which encourages suppliers to innovate and continually improve.
Seventeen of the 26 PQS winners are SEMI members:
- ASM International: front-end equipment supplier for atomic layer deposit (ALD), plasma-enhanced ALD, metal gate and diffusion
- Daifuku: automated material handling systems
- DISCO Corporation: precision cutting, grinding and polishing machines
- EBARA Corporation: chemical mechanical polishers, plating systems, and dry vacuum pumps and abatement systems
- Edwards Vacuum LLC: vacuum system products and abatement solutions
- Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation: dry etching, ashing, metrology and advanced packaging systems
- Hitachi Kokusai Electric Inc.: batch processing and single wafer processing systems
- KLA-Tencor Corporation: process control and yield management solutions
- Lam Research Corporation: fab capital equipment
- Murata Machinery Ltd.: automated material handling systems, hoist vehicles and stockers
- The PEER Group Inc.: automation software and services
- SCREEN Semiconductor Solutions Co. Ltd.: wafer cleaning and anneal equipment and services for semiconductor manufacturing
- Shin Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd: silicon wafers, advanced photoresists, photomask blanks, and thermal conductive materials.
- Siltronic AG: polished and epitaxial silicon wafers
- Tokyo Ohka Kogyo Co. Ltd: high-purity photo resists, developers, cleaning solutions and supporting chemistries
- Tosoh SMD, Inc.: sputtering targets
- Tosoh Quartz Inc.: quartzware for semiconductor wafer processing equipment
Along with the distinguished PQS award, Intel recognized one supplier with the Supplier Achievement Award, which is a specific recognition for outstanding accomplishments in one or more key performance areas. The Supplier Achievement Award winner, also a SEMI member, is:
- Nanium: outsourced semiconductor packaging, assembly and test provider (recognizing extraordinary results in product availability)
Intel Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement Award
Intel Corporation also announced the eight winners of the company’s most distinguished supplier recognition, the Intel Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement (SCQI) award. Six of the eight winners are SEMI members.
Intel partners with thousands of suppliers and the award recipients have proven to be the best in their class for their products, services and business practices. This elite group has achieved the highest standards of quality, cost, availability, technology, customer service, labor and ethics systems, and environmental sustainability.
The SCQI award is part of Intel’s SCQI program, which encourages Intel’s key suppliers to strive for best-in-class levels of excellence and continuous improvement.
The six SEMI members who won SCQI awards this year provide Intel with the following products or services:
- Cabot Microelectronics Corporation: chemical mechanical planarization (CMP)slurries and CMP pads
- Fujifilm Electronic Materials: process and formulated chemicals, developers, slurry, precursors and resist
- JSR Corporation: advanced photoresists, packaging materials and CMP materials
- Senju Metal Industry Co. Ltd: soldering materials (sphere, flux, paste)
- SUMCO Corporation: epitaxial and polished silicon wafers
- Tokyo Electron Limited: coater/developer, dry etch systems, wet etch systems, thermal processing systems, deposition systems and test system
For information on how to become a SEMI member, visit: www.semi.org/en/Membership.
March 22, 2016