Solid State Technology and SEMI Announce 2013 “Best of West” Award Finalists
SAN FRANCISCO and SAN JOSE, Calif. — June 27, 2013 — Solid State Technology and SEMI today announced the finalists for the 2013 “Best of West” awards, recognizing important product and technology developments in the microelectronics supply chain. Held in conjunction with SEMICON West, the largest and most influential microelectronics exposition in North America, the Best of West finalists were selected based on their financial impact on the industry, engineering or scientific achievement, and/or societal impact.
The 2013 Best of West Finalists are:
- Essemtec: Scorpion — Jetting and dispensing system satisfies the demanding requirements of accuracy, stability and ultra‐high productivity for modern advanced packaging solutions; slew rate of piezo jet adjusts to handle wide range of viscous materials, providing stable droplet volumes; minimal setup time. North Hall, Booth 5567 (Category: Assembly/Packaging Solutions)
- Mentor Graphics: Tessent TestKompress with Cell-Aware ATPG — Significantly improves on the standard process for testing digital integrated circuits; reduces failure escape rate by detecting defects at the transistor level that are missed by traditional automatic test pattern generation (ATPG) techniques. North Hall, Booth 6243 (Category: Silicon Test Solutions, Facilities & Software)
- SPTS Technologies: ReVia — Endpoint detection technique for monitoring the progress of “via reveal” etch processes even at remarkably low (<0.01%) via densities; significantly increases yields for device manufacturers involved in emerging 3D packaging applications using TSVs. South Hall, Booth 1219 (Category: Wafer Processing Equipment)
- Swagelok: M200 Portable Calibration Unit — Extends servicing capabilities to equipment owners, providing added convenience, reduced costs, and improved efficiencies that can cut servicing timelines from days to minutes. South Hall, Booth 1431 (Category: Components and Subsystems)
- Ultratech: Superfast 3G — Using CGS technology, the Superfast 3G images the entire wafer at once to generate highly detailed wafer maps (800,000 points per map at 75wph). Superfast 3G measures wafer distortion used to compute device structure stresses and in-plane wafer surface displacements. South Hall, Booth 2019 (Category: Metrology and Test)
- White Knight: Closed Loop Control System — Provides complete control of high purity chemical processes and delivery systems with customizable feedback capability to maintain optimum system performance; designed to support process tools that require a set flow or pressure at the point of use. South Hall, Booth 2423 (Category: Advanced Materials and Materials Management)
The Best of West Award winner will be announced during SEMICON West (www.semiconwest.org) on Wednesday, July 10, 2013 at 1:00pm.
SEMI is the global industry association serving the nano- and microelectronic manufacturing supply chains. SEMI member companies are the engine of the future, enabling smarter, faster and more economical products that improve our lives. Since 1970, SEMI has been committed to helping members grow more profitably, create new markets and meet common industry challenges. SEMI maintains offices in Bangalore, Beijing, Berlin, Brussels, Grenoble, Hsinchu, Moscow, San Jose, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.semi.org.
About Extension Media
Extension Media is a publisher of over 20 business-to-business magazines, resource catalogs, newsletters and web sites that address high-technology industry platforms and emerging technologies such as chip design, embedded systems, software and infrastructure, intellectual property, architectures, operating systems and industry standards. Extension Media publications serve several markets including Electronics, Software/IT and Mobile/Wireless. Extension Media is a privately held company based in San Francisco, Calif. For more information, visit www.extensionmedia.com
Pete Singer/Extension Media
# # #
- Market Info
- Events & Tradeshows