SEMICON West 2012 is the flagship event for the global microelectronics industry, featuring exhibits, products, technical sessions, and solutions focused on the design and manufacture of semiconductors, MEMS, LEDs, photovoltaics, printed and flexible electronics and related technologies. The 42nd annual SEMICON West is again co-located with Intersolar North America.
In The Numbers:
- SEMICON West – 1307 booths (2011: 1273), net exhibit area 131,746 sq. ft.
- 690 exhibiting companies from 21 countries, 51 new exhibitors
- Exhibitors with New Products: 361, with Live Demo: 268, with Equipment: 389
- 31,000 projected attendees, with 14% international visitors
- Premier sponsors: Advantest, Applied Materials, KLA-Tencor
SEMICON West: Full Event Calendar
- IEEE/CPMT Workshop on: “THIN IS IN: Thin Chip & Packaging Technologies as Enabler for Innovative Mobile Devices
- Supply Chain Agility Luncheon
- SIA/SEMI Industry Innovation Policy Dialogue: Semiconductor R&D Policy
- ITRS Public Report: now part of the TechXPOTs
- Joint US Regional Committees Meeting
- SEMICON West Mobile App
- Moscone Center Makeover, including WiFi throughout the facility
Executive Events (Keynote Stage, Esplanade Hall)
- Opening Keynote: Shekhar Borkar, Intel, Tuesday, July 10, 9:00-9:45am, “Ubiquitous Computing in the Coming Years – Technology Challenges and Opportunities"
- Keynote: Mark Pinto, Applied Materials, Tuesday, July 10, 1:00-1:45pm, “Advancing Today’s PV Market Through c-Si Manufacturing Innovation"
- Keynote: Ivo Bolsens, Xilinx, Wednesday, July 11, 10:00-10:45am, “All Programmable – from Silicon to System"
- Keynote: James G. Brown, First Solar, Wednesday, July 11, 1:00-1:30pm, “Solar Power’s Transition from Subsidy Dependence to Mainstream Energy Solution”
- SEMICON West Happy Hour—Show Floor Reception, Wednesday, July 11, 3:30-5:00pm, North and South Hall
There are more than 100 hours of technical and business sessions:
- Over 205 speakers presenting at SEMICON West 2012 programs
- More than 50 hours of free technical sessions at the four TechXPOT stages on the show floor (two in North Hall, including the PV Production Stage, and two in South Hall, including the Extreme Electronics TechXPOT stage). Sessions at the TechXPOTs cover a spectrum of topics and issues focused on critical microelectronics manufacturing technologies, from design to final manufacturing and test.
- The Extreme Electronics TechXPOT features sessions on emerging and adjacent technology markets including MEMS, high-brightness LEDs, flexible and printed electronics.
- The PV Production Stage features sessions on new processes and technologies driving to a sustainable business model for solar in the US.
TechXPOT North (North Hall)
- Contemporary Packaging: Achieving Cost Advantage Through Innovation Hosted by the Advanced Packaging Committee, SEMI Americas (July 10, 10:30am-12:30pm)
- Semiconductor Test: Adding Value through Yield and Better Data Management (July 10, 1:30pm-4:00pm)
- Highlights of International Test Conference (July 11, 10:30am-12:30pm)
- The 2.5 & 3D Packaging Landscape for 2015 & Beyond Hosted by the Advanced Packaging Committee, SEMI Americas (July 11, 1:00pm-3:30pm)
- MEMS and Sensor Packaging Hosted by the Advanced Packaging Committee, SEMI Americas (July 12, 10:30am-12:30pm
- ITRS Back End of Line Technologies (July 12, 1:00pm-3:30pm)
Extreme Electronics (South Hall)
- Taking MEMS to the Next Level: Transitioning to a Profitable High Volume Business (AM Session) (July 10, 10:30am-12:20pm)
- Taking MEMS to the Next Level: Transitioning to a Profitable High Volume Business (PM Session) (July 10, 1:30pm-3:30pm)
- Enabling the Next Generation of HB LEDs (AM Session) (July 11, 10:30am-12:30pm)
- Enabling the Next Generation of HB LEDs (PM Session) (July 11, 1:30pm-3:30pm)
- Practical Plastic Electronics: Bringing Disruptive Flexible and Organic Materials into Volume Electronics Manufacturing (July 12, 10:30am-1:00pm)
- ITRS CrossCut Technologies (July 12, 2:00pm-3:30pm)
TechXPOT South (South Hall)
- Enabling Sub-22nm with New Materials and Processes (July 10, 10:30am-12:30pm)
- A Look to the Next Generation of Electronic Materials Hosted by the Chemical & Gases Manufacturer Group (CGMG) of SEMI (July 10, 1:30pm-3:30pm)
- Lithography: Extending Double-patterning, Industrializing EUV and Complementary Technologies (July 11, 10:30am-12:50pm)
- Secondary Market Challenges and Future Hosted by the Secondary Equipment and Applications Americas Chapter (July 11, 1:30pm-3:30pm)
- SEMICON West 450mm Supply Chain Forum (July 12, 10:30am-12:00pm)
- ITRS Front End of Line Technologies (July 12, 1:00pm-3:30pm)
PV and Technology Stage (North Hall)
- PV Manufacturing in the U.S. – A Vision for the Future (July 10, 10:30am-12:30pm)
- International Standards on PV Module Quality & Reliability (July 10, 1:00pm-2:30pm)
- Business Benefits of Green Manufacturing in the PV Industry (July 10, 3:00-4:30pm)
- Scaling Thin Film PV Technology to Bankability – Supply Chain and Manufacturing Challenges (July 11, 10:30am-12:30pm)
- NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory – Flat Plate Solar Array Project – Bringing Solar Mainstream (July 11, 1:30pm-2:30pm)
- New Materials in PV Manufacturing – Dye Sensitized, Full Organic, Hybrid (July 11, 3:00pm-4:30pm)
- PV R&D Research Consortia – Global Insights and Activities (July 12, 10:30am-12:30pm)
- Advanced Photovoltaics – Ultra High Efficiency Technologies (July 12, 1:30pm-3:30pm)