TOKYO — December 12, 2017 — SEMICON Japan 2017, the largest and most influential event for the electronics manufacturing supply chain in Japan, opens tomorrow at Tokyo Big Sight, taking flight with an all-new drone exhibit and the latest technology and innovations for the electronics industry. Emerging opportunities in the Internet of Things (IoT) and smart applications markets will highlight the event.
This year’s SEMICON Japan theme, “Dreams Start Here,” reflects Japan’s unique position to power the IoT revolution in the coming years. Japan is home to the large and critical wafer fab capacity for MCU, logic, power, MEMS and sensor devices that are at the heart of IoT devices.
The SuperTHEATER at SEMICON Japan 2017 offers nine forums in three days:
Wednesday, Dec. 13
- Opening Keynotes – Visions of the Game Changing Era
- Speakers: Ken Miyauchi, president and CEO at SoftBank, and Raj Talluri, senior vice president of product management at Qualcomm Technologies
- Semiconductor Executive Forum – Growth Strategy in New Business Environment
- Speakers: TowerJazz, SMIC and Micron Technologies
- SEMI Market Forum – In the Light and Shadow of Awaking China
- Speakers: IHS Markit and SEMI
Thursday, Dec. 14
- IT/AI Forum – AI/IoT Strategy by IT Top Runners from the United States
- Speakers: Amazon Web Services, DataRobot, and Microsoft
- IoT Global Trend Forum – Super IoT World Realized by Semiconductor
- Speakers: ARM, Intel and Sony
- IoT Key Technology Forum – Dawn of the Smart Automotive Era
- Speakers: Nissan, NVIDIA and Hitachi Automotive Systems
Friday, Dec. 15
- Manufacturing Innovation Forum – Manufacturing Technology for the Diversified Future
- Speakers: Tokyo Electron Limited, Xilinx and Lam Research
- Electronics Trends Forum – New Technologies and Trends that Accelerate the SMART Society
- Speakers: Panasonic, Synopsys and Siemens
- Mirai Vision Forum – A Far Future Brought to You by the Evolved Technologies
- Speakers – hapi robo st, Waseda University and Nokia
The new “All about Drones” exhibit will offer key insights into the drone world to help spark new inspiration and innovation. Participants will:
- Learn about the drone business and technology opportunities
- See a drone tear-down exhibit
- Look at drones through the lens of virtual reality
- Fly a drone!
SEMI® connects over 2,000 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide to advance the technology and business of electronics manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, devices, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. FlexTech and the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG) are SEMI Strategic Association Partners, defined communities within SEMI focused on specific technologies. Since 1970, SEMI has built connections that have helped its members prosper, create new markets, and address common industry challenges together. SEMI maintains offices in Bangalore, Berlin, Brussels, Grenoble, Hsinchu, Seoul, Shanghai, Silicon Valley (Milpitas, Calif.), Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.semi.org and follow SEMI on LinkedIn and Twitter.