Plenary 1: Market & Road Maps
Technology Inflections in the Display Industry
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
8:10 AM - 8:45 AM
Dr. Shieh will address various technology inflection points in displays and then focus specifically on the technologies that will continue to move flexible displays from a vision to a reality. He will discuss how the display industry shifted emphasis from simple scaling up to display performance and form factor which has led to the adoption of more advanced underlying technologies such as new transistor materials and design, in-cell/on-cell touch, OLED, and flexible device processing. The new technologies, especially those related to flexible, pose significant challenges. And while industry leaders have successfully productized rigid curved “flexible” displays, there are still challenges we must solve to make dynamically flexible displays viable.
- Applied Materials: General Managers of Display, Thin-Film Solar CVD and Semiconductor Dielectric Etch.
- McKinsey & Company: Associate, practices of Post M&A organization, , Turnaround strategy, Physical distribution strategy in China.
- Ph.D. in Materials Science, University of California at Berkeley
- M.S. in Materials Engineering, University of Texas at Austin
- M.S. In Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University