“Best of West” Award Finalists Announced
Prestigious Panel Recognizes Important Industry Innovations at SEMICON West
SAN JOSE, Calif. – June 11, 2008 – SEMI today announced the finalists for the inaugural “Best of West” awards, recognizing important product and technology developments in the microelectronics supply chain. Conducted in conjunction with SEMICON West, the largest and most influential microelectronics exposition in North America, the Best of West finalists have been selected based on their financial impact on the industry, engineering or scientific achievement, and/or societal impact.
The selection of finalists was made by a prestigious panel of judges representing a broad spectrum of the microelectronics industry (a list of judges can be found at: www.semiconwest.org/bestofwest). Best of West Award winners will be announced during SEMICON West on July 16, 2008.
The 2008 Best of West Finalists are:
- XeCoverySM, a new onsite Xenon recovery service by Air Products and Chemicals,
- e GViaCoat™ from Alchimer for the electrografting of copper seed layers used for the metallization of Thru Silicon Vias (TSV)
- Versalis fxP, from Aviza Technology, Inc., a single wafer cluster system integrating multiple processes for 3D-IC manufacturing
- Litho Electrical Analyzer from Cadence Design Systems that is a design-for-manufacturability (DFM) tool that helps overcomes process variations at the design stage
- EVG150 NanoSpray System from EV Group, a fully automated high topography spray coating system for very small and deep patterns
- Jenoptik Votan™ G Semi from Jenoptik Automatisierungstechnik Gmbh, a wafer dicing system based on Thermal Laser Separation (TLS)
- PICO-TRAP™ Ultra-Purification System from Matheson Tri-Gas designed to remove volatile metal impurities and moisture content from critical process gases
- Alpine™ System from Mattson Technology, Inc.,. an advanced strip system for back-end-of-line and front-end-of-line process applications
SEMICON West 2008 will feature about 1200 exhibiting companies, representing 23 countries.
SEMI is the global industry association serving the manufacturing supply chains for the microelectronic, display and photovoltaic industries. SEMI member companies are the engine of the future, enabling smarter, faster and more economical products that improve our lives. Since 1970, SEMI has been committed to helping members grow more profitably, create new markets and meet common industry challenges. SEMI maintains offices in Austin, Beijing, Brussels, Hsinchu, Moscow, San Jose, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.semi.org.