SEMICON China Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Exposition with Appreciation Awards
Awards Highlight Significant Accomplishments, Social Contributions, Successful Local Enterprises, etc.
SHANGHAI, China – March 19, 2008 – As part of an ongoing celebration of the 20th anniversary of SEMICON China, SEMI today announced the SEMICON China 20th Anniversary Appreciation Awards. The awards were conferred at the anniversary gala held during SEMICON China 2008, and recognized both companies and individuals for significant technological, business and social contributions to the industry.
“We are pleased to recognize these important individuals and companies for their contributions to the growth of semiconductor manufacturing here in China,” said Mark Ding, president of SEMI China. “These contributions have, and continue, to play a major role in the past, present and future success of our industry.”
Awards fall into seven award categories, with over 20 recipients total. Categories and recipients include:
- Loyal Customer – The award recognizes companies who have participated in SEMICON China exhibitions for more than 10 years, and who have supported SEMI generously and continuously in the past. (Air Liquide; Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.; Applied Materials, Inc.; ASML; Disco Technology Co. Ltd.; KLA-Tencor Corporation; Vistec Semiconductor Systems.; Nikon Precision Inc.; SAES Getters Co. Ltd.; Small Precision Tools Co. Ltd.; Tokyo Electron Ltd.; Ultratech, Inc.; ZMC Technologies Ltd.)
- Outstanding Corporate Social Contribution – This award recognizes semiconductor companies who have continuously given back to the community and society. These companies set the standards of what it takes to be a socially responsible corporation and provide much needed welfare for the public. (Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation; Shanghai Huahong (GROUP )Co. Ltd.; Applied Materials Inc.)
- Fast Growing Local Enterprises –The award is set up to recognize local Chinese companies that are fast growing. The company had over 100 million RMB revenue in 2007, and is committed to innovative research and development. (Beijing Seven Star Electronics Co. Ltd.; THE 48TH RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF CETC, Grand Technologies （Shenzhen）Co. Ltd.)
- HUA MU LAN Outstanding Business Woman – Recognizes outstanding business women in the semiconductor manufacturing industry who dedicate themselves to this industry with a strong spirit of self-improvement, and act as role models for others. (Shu-Ji Ding, Rohm & Haas; Qing-Shen Wang, China Huada Integrated Circuit Design (Group) Co. Ltd.; and Shu-Min Wang, Anji Microelectronics (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.)
- Industry Excellence & Contribution –The award is set up to recognize industry leaders who put all their efforts into semiconductor industry’s development in China. They are the indispensable driving force of China’s semiconductor industry. As entrepreneurs, they have brought investment to China, created innovation and attracted and trained talents for the whole industry. ( Dr. Richard Ru-Gin Chang, president and CEO of SMIC)
- Long Term Partner – This award recognizes SEMI partners, who have taken part into the development of SEMI China throughout the years. These companies have provided constant support for over 20 years to bring SEMI China to where it is today. (China Electronic Chamber of Commerce; China Semiconductor Industry Association; Beijing Sanda Economic and Technology Center; Shanghai Integrated Circuit Association; China Electronic Materials Industry Association; China Electronic Production Equipment Industry Association; China Chemical Industry Association; and China Nonferrous Metals Association)
- China Semiconductor Industry Mentor – Awarded to those of noble character and high prestige. These people have constantly cultivated and expand the Chinese semiconductor industry. In addition, this person has vigorously promoted growth and the free trade concept. (Zhong-Yu Yu, President of China Semiconductor Industry Association; Shi-Chang Zou Member of the Chinese Academy of Sciences
- President of Shanghai Integrated Circuit Association; and Yang-Yuan Wang, Chief Scientist of Institute of Microelectronics, Peking University. Academician of Chinese Science Academy)
For more information about the SEMICON China Appreciation Awards, and SEMICON China 2008, please visit, semiconchina.semi.org.
SEMI is the global industry association serving the manufacturing supply chains for the microelectronic, display and photovoltaic industries. SEMI member companies are the engine of the future, enabling smarter, faster and more economical products that improve our lives. Since 1970, SEMI has been committed to helping members grow more profitably, create new markets and meet common industry challenges. SEMI maintains offices in Austin, Beijing, Brussels, Hsinchu, Moscow, San Jose, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.semi.org.
Wenhua Gui/SEMI China Scott Smith/SEMI US
Ph: 86.21.6448.5666 Ph: 408.943.7957