SEMI Announces Best of West Awards to Recognize Technology Achievements
SEMI Announces “Best of West” Awards to Recognize Technology Achievements at
SEMICON West 2008
Prestigious Panel to Recognize Important Innovations in the Microelectronics Industry
SAN JOSE, Calif. – March 11, 2008 – SEMI today announced the inaugural “Best of West” awards, recognizing important product and technology developments in the microelectronics supply chain. Conducted in conjunction with SEMICON West, winners in the new award program will be selected by a prestigious panel of judges based on financial impact on the industry, engineering or scientific achievement, or societal impact and benefits. Now in its 38th year, SEMICON West is the largest, most well attended North American exposition serving the semiconductor manufacturing supply chain, and has long been the exposition that companies attend to stay abreast of the latest, and most significant innovations affecting the industry.
Award finalists and winners will be selected by a panel of judges comprised of leading industry executives, journalists, and academicians, which includes:
- Bernard Meyerson, IBM fellow, vice president and chief technologist, Systems & Technology Group, IBM
- Dr. Robert Doering, senior fellow in Silicon Technology Development, Texas Instruments
- Godfrey Mungal, dean, School of Engineering, Santa Clara University
- Dr. David W. Parent Associate Professor, San Jose State University.
- Ann Steffora-Mutschler, senior editor, Electronic News
- David Ridsdale, editor-in-chief, EuroAsia Semiconductor
- Ed Korczynski, senior technical editor, Solid State Technology
- Francoise von Trapp, managing editor, Advanced Packaging
- Marc David Levenson, editor-in-chief, Microlithography World
- Mark Osborne, editor-in-chief, Semiconductor FabTech
- Pete Singer, editor-in-chief, Semiconductor International
- Rick Nelson, chief editor, Test & Measurement World
Submissions will be reviewed by the judges, and a selection of Best of West pre-show finalists will be announced the week of June 1st. Winners will be announced during SEMICON West, July 15-17, 2008. Consideration for the Best of West awards will be limited to all products, services and technologies publicly introduced from May 1, 2008 to SEMICON West 2008. Special encouragement and consideration will be given to start-up and smaller companies. Submissions are free and open to all exhibitors. Entries are currently being accepted at www.semiconwest.org.
SEMI is the global industry association serving the manufacturing supply chains for the microelectronic, display and photovoltaic industries. SEMI member companies are the engine of the future, enabling smarter, faster and more economical products that improve our lives. Since 1970, SEMI has been committed to helping members grow more profitably, create new markets and meet common industry challenges. SEMI maintains offices in Austin, Beijing, Brussels, Hsinchu, Moscow, San Jose, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.semi.org.
- Market Info
- Events & Tradeshows