Nominations for 2008 Akira Inoue Award Due July 25, 2008
Nominations for 2008 Akira Inoue Award due July 25, 2008
Award Honors Outstanding Environmental, Health and Safety Achievement in the Semiconductor Industry
SAN JOSE, Calif. – March 4, 2008 – Nominations for the 2008 Akira Inoue Award for outstanding achievement in Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) in the semiconductor industry are now being accepted. The award is presented annually by SEMI, and the recipient will be announced during the SEMICON Japan exposition in December. The deadline for submitting nominations is July 25, 2008.
The Akira Inoue Award recognizes individuals in industry and academia who have made significant environmental, health and safety contributions to the semiconductor industry and to society in general. The award honors individuals who show outstanding leadership in strengthening the industry’s EHS performance, or individuals who are responsible for developing or implementing successful process, product or material innovations that improve the industry’s EHS record. A special awards sub-committee of the SEMI EHS Executive Committee is responsible for reviewing all nominations.
Past award winners include:
- Richard K. Templeton, president and CEO of Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Chang-Gyu Hwang, president and CEO of the Semiconductor Business and business director of the Memory Division of Samsung Electronics
- Gerald Ermentrout, vice president and general manager of the Electronics Division, Air Products
- Isao Uchigasaki, chairman of the board, Hitachi Chemical
- Saburo Kusama, chairman and CEO, Seiko Epson
- Farhang Shadman, director, Engineering Research Center for Environmentally Benign Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Craig Barrett, chairman of the board, Intel
- Pasquale Pistorio, honorary chairman, STMicroelectronics
The Akira Inoue Award is sponsored by the SEMI Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Division. Nominations may be submitted via the SEMI EHS website, www.semi.org/ehs. For additional information, contact Sanjay Baliga, at +1.408.943.6957 or email@example.com.
SEMI is the global industry association serving the manufacturing supply chains for the microelectronic, display and photovoltaic industries. SEMI member companies are the engine of the future, enabling smarter, faster and more economical products that improve our lives. Since 1970, SEMI has been committed to helping members grow more profitably, create new markets and meet common industry challenges. SEMI maintains offices in Austin, Beijing, Brussels, Hsinchu, Moscow, San Jose, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.semi.org.
Sanjay Baliga/SEMI EHS
- Market Info
- Events & Tradeshows