SEMI Announces Five Finalists for the SEMICON West 2010 Sustainable Technologies Award
SAN JOSE, California – July 12, 2010 – SEMI has announced the five finalists for the SEMICON West 2010 Sustainable Technologies Award. The annual award recognizes the efforts of SEMICON West exhibitors who have developed and introduced equipment, materials or services into the marketplace in the last three years that contribute to sustainable improvement of the environment.
Representatives from each of the five finalist companies will be recognized at the EHS Global Care Executive Lunch at SEMICON West 2010 on Tuesday, July 13 in San Francisco. A single award winner will be selected from these five finalists. The award winner will be announced at the SEMICON West TechSITE, taking place on Wednesday, July 14 at 11:30 AM at the San Francisco Moscone Center in South Hall.
The five finalists are:
- Applied Materials, Inc.for “iSYS”: Applied Materials' iSYS is an integrated subfab system that synchronizes the operation of vacuum pumping and abatement technologies from 10 major suppliers with the wafer processing tool.
- Edwards Ltd.for “eZenith”: eZenith is an innovative, integrated vacuum and abatement system resulting in up to 10 percent power reduction on vacuum pumps and 50 percent lower fuel for gas abatement over earlier product versions.
- Pall Corporationfor its Water Reclaim Systems in Silicon Processing: Pall Corporation has fully automated, crossflow filtration systems which enable water to be reclaimed from silicon processing operations, typically resulting in 90 percent of the spent process water to be recovered.
- Tokyo Electron Ltd.for “EXPEDIUS+”: EXPEDIUS+ is an intermittent open and close technology for de-ionized water (DIW) flow valve, application for idling mode, and built-in scrubber resulting in significant reductions of water use, IsoPropyl Alcohol (IPA) consumption, and volatile organic compound (VOC) load impact.
- Verigy Ltd.for its V93000 Test Platform: Conforming to virtually all International Standardization Organization (ISO), Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) and Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) guidelines for low environmental impact, Verigy’s V93000 test platform is environmentally sustainable in its make-up, operation and lifelong use.
Achieving corporate sustainability is an important goal for leading companies today. The SEMICON West exhibitor companies in semiconductor and emerging technologies are no exception. An extension of the corporate focus on sustainability is product sustainability, which the SEMICON West Sustainability Award focuses on. These companies have taken a leadership role in product sustainability and SEMI commends them, along with the other nominated entrants in the award program.
SEMI is the global industry association serving the manufacturing supply chains for the microelectronic, display and photovoltaic industries. SEMI member companies are the engine of the future, enabling smarter, faster and more economical products that improve our lives. Since 1970, SEMI has been committed to helping members grow more profitably, create new markets and meet common industry challenges. SEMI maintains offices in Austin, Beijing, Bengaluru, Berlin, Brussels, Grenoble, Hsinchu, Moscow, San Jose, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.semi.org.
# # #