Parliamentary, Government and Industry Executive Summit to Focus on Russia
The current industry growth in Russia is just the beginning of a new era. Local manufacturing of semiconductor devices is increasing and the number of semiconductor manufacturing projects in Russia continues to grow. The upturn of the Russian semiconductor industry is supported by the Russian State, which has declared that innovation is a key to economic development in the country. The semiconductor market is capital intensive and needs a lot of pre-investment, so the support of high officials of the Russian State is critical.
The SEMI “Parliament, Government and Industry Executive Summit” will cover plans to develop the semiconductor industry in Russia, focusing on critical factors for success: global trade, education, and cooperation. This summit, held on June 2-4 in at the World Trade Center (WTC) in Moscow in conjunction with SEMICON Russia, offers SEMI members an excellent opportunity for market development.
For the first time, the Summit will be produced with support from top local authorities. The Russian Parliament and government officials will explain their vision and near-term goals in the high tech area in general and the semiconductor and related technologies area. In addition, Russian industry leaders and top executives of Russian semiconductor-related companies (SEMI members, semiconductor device manufacturers, EA, fabless, etc.) will explain the critical factors to enter this market as well as how to successfully achieve goals.
Major topics at the Summit include:
- Russian Legislation to Increase Domestic High-Tech Industry Competitiveness
- Partnerships in a Competitive Environment
- How to Stimulate the “Private/State Partnership” Model--as a Catalyst for Innovative Development
- IC Design Backup to Enable Competitive Semiconductor Manufacturing in Russia
- Revise and Invest in the Educational System to Make it Work for Industry
- Unleashing Russia’s R&D Capabilities
SEMICON Russia 2008 is the Place to Be
SEMICON Russia 2008 is the most effective networking platform in Russia for keeping abreast of the latest developments in local industry, with both a worldwide and local audience. If you are interested in semiconductor, PV and related industry trends in Russia, or you read about ongoing projects, but want to meet projects’ owners personally, then consider attending SEMICON Russia. Whether you are looking for new partners or would like to meet your long-term local associates all in one place at the same time, SEMICON Russia is the place to be. Here is a brief summary of events at SEMICON Russia 2008:
- Monday, June 2: The PV Market Conference (9:00 to 16:20) features three key sessions: Feedstock Production for the PV Industry in Russia; Equipment and Technologies for the PV Industry and Thin-Film Technologies for Si and CIS PV Modules—How Strong is the Advantage?; and a panel discussion on “Major Values and Challenges in Partnering to Russian Companies.”
- Tuesday, June 3: The Semiconductor Executive Market Conference(9:00am to 15:30) includes a keynote address on Russia’s Macro-Economy Overview--Industry Growth and Challenges and two sessions: New Upstream Projects Developing in Russia with International Partners and Export Control Issues. The conference concludes with a panel discussion featuring Heinz Kundert (president, SEMI Europe) and panelists from STMicroelectronics, Infineon, AMD, M+W Zander, and Schenker. Also, the Technical Symposium takes place from 10:30 to 17:00. The day concludes with a SEMI dinner and the Alexander Kalinin Award ceremony.
- Wednesday, June 4: The Parliament, Government and Industry Executive Roundtable takes place from 9:30 to 15:40. From 10:30 to 15:00, the SEMI Standards Workshop is held. In addition, from 10:00 to 17:00, Company Seminars are held.
- Thursday, June 5: Company visits will be arranged to Zelenograd.
For more information about events at SEMICON Russia 2008, please click here.