Your Chance to Sound Off! Now Accepting Articles from Members
SEMI is now actively soliciting articles written by SEMI members. We invite you to share your industry perspective and thoughts in an article for publication in SEMI Global Update — our monthly electronic newsletter sent to 40,000 subscribers in the industry. Member articles published in Global Update will be marked with a special “Member Insight” logo, and articles will be featured on the SEMI Blog and archived on the SEMI website.
As the global trade association serving theelectronics manufacturing supply chains, SEMI needs YOUR input. Tell us how your company meets common industry challenges…How you are dealing with economic pressures…. What new markets your company is involved in…. If you have “Green” solutions that others could learn from…
Your article can be focused on management issues, manufacturing or supply chain issues, emerging technologies, or technical solutions. Demonstrate your leadership in the industry by helping other members see how you are leading the way in addressing market and product opportunities.
Whether your company is based in China, Europe, Korea, India, Japan, Southeast Asia, Taiwan, or the Americas, please contribute to SEMI Global Update.
SEMI Global Update Guidelines
Please follow these guidelines:
1. Original: Your article must be original.
2. Topic: Open, but most will address interesting developments and trends in the industry. We are looking for articles that discuss business issues, approaches and solutions to those issues, and lessons learned that can be shared with other SEMI members. Think about how the information will benefit other SEMI members. Absolutely NO product announcements.
3. Article Length: Minimum length is 350 words. Longer is fine, although most articles do not exceed 750 - 1,000 words.
4. Organized: Stick to the basic premise, but don’t summarize so much that the reader is left with an incomplete picture.
5. Simple: The simplest way to say something is usually the best, especially when dealing with technology.
6. Editing: Don’t worry about grammar, spelling, and other writing mechanics. If we edit your article significantly, we will send you the edited article for review.
7. Format: To submit your article, please send it in a Word document.
8. Author: Please include your brief (25 words or less) biography and a headshot.
9. Graphics: Send at least 2 graphics or photos to accompany your article (in addition to the author photo). Images should be full-color and in .JPG format (resolution: at least 300 dpi). Charts or graphs should be JPEG, PNG, or TIF..
10. Publication: Publication of a contributed article is not guaranteed. Articles accepted for SEMI Global Update may appear on the SEMI website/blog and may be submitted to a trade publication (more visibility for your company). SEMI reserves the right to delay or cancel publication of contributed articles for any reason.
To submit an article (or if you have questions), please contact Deb Geiger, SEMI Global Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408.943.7988.