Your Chance to Sound Off! Now Accepting Articles from Members
SEMI is now actively soliciting articles written by SEMI members. We invite you to share your industry perspective and thoughts in an article for publication in SEMI Global Update— our monthly electronic newsletter sent to 120,000 subscribers in the industry. Member articles published in Global Update will be marked with a special “Member Insight” logo, and articles will be archived on the SEMI website.
As the global trade association serving the nano- and microelectronics manufacturing supply chains, SEMI needs YOUR input. Tell us how your company meets common industry challenges…How you are dealing with economic pressures…. What new markets your company is involved in…. If you have “Green” solutions that others could learn from…
Your article can be focused on management issues, manufacturing or supply chain issues, emerging technologies, or technical solutions. Demonstrate your leadership in the industry by helping other members see how you are leading the way in addressing market and product opportunities.
Whether your company is based in China, Europe, India, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, or North America, please contribute to SEMI Global Update.
SEMI Global Update Guidelines
Please follow these guidelines:
1. Original: Your article must be original.
2. Topic: Open, but most will address interesting developments and trends in the industry. We are looking for articles that discuss business issues, approaches and solutions to those issues, and lessons learned that can be shared with other SEMI members. Think about how the information will benefit other SEMI members. Absolutely NO product announcements.
3. Article Length: Minimum length is 350 words. Longer is fine, although most articles do not exceed 750 - 1,000 words.
4. Organized: You know a lot, but don’t stray from the basic premise. On the other hand, don’t summarize so much that the reader is left with an incomplete picture.
5. Simple: The simplest way to say something is usually the best, especially when dealing with technology.
6. Editing: Don’t worry about grammar, spelling, and other writing mechanics. If we edit your article significantly, we will send you the edited article for review.
7. Format: To submit your article, please send it in a simple Word document with no formatting.
8. Author: Please include your brief (25 words or less) biography and a headshot.
9. Graphics: Send at least one image to accompany your article (in addition to the author photo). Images should be full-color and in .JPG, .EPS or .TIF format (resolution: at least 300 dpi). Charts or graphs should be either .TIF or .EPS files.
10. Publication: Publication of contributed articles is not guaranteed. Articles accepted for SEMI Global Update may also appear on the SEMI website, or vice versa. SEMI reserves the right to delay or cancel publication of contributed articles for any reason.
To submit an article (or if you have questions), please contact Deb Geiger, SEMI Global Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408.943.7988.